Shuffling the Deck!

Nikhil

Staff member
I too have been positively surprised by my recent experimentation with it. Body and sweetness especially. Possibly one of the best value to price ratios. Glad to note that it’s serving well even the better pedigreed speakers like ATCs.

I have largely kept the Belden 8477 in place after I found that they did a lot of things right for me. There are a few cables I could try eventually but I will have to do that at a later date. I arrived at the Belden after playing around with Tinned Copper cables a few years back. Started with the WE 16 AWG, Duelund DCA 16GA and Belden 8471 which is the 16 AWG version of the 8477. I found the 12 AWG 8477 added weight and definition to the LF without any compromise in the HF.

sachinchavan 15865

Belden 8471 which is the 16 AWG version of the 8477. I found the 12 AWG 8477 added weight and definition to the LF without any compromise in the HF.
I too tried the Belden 8471 first - not enough LF. Then I tried biwiring - 8471 for HF and 8477 for LF. The result impressive at first, with nicely etched out sounds. But soon realised the tonality was perceivably affected. Finally tried just 8477 and found it to my liking. I can hear the highs rounded a bit more with the 77 than the 71… but not what one’d call blunted. I could take that for the LF definition, balance and sweetness the 77 gives. Now all I have to do is make bridges (LF to HF) from the 77 to replace the bridges I current have in place. I imagine that’d make the sound further coherent. Your implementation is also an interesting option, but I feel safer with banana plugs and spades than bare wire.

Last edited:
Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.