Shunt Regulated Salas Hotrodded DCB1 Build

Hi Prasen
Sorry for not updating thread since a long time
I did listen to the buffer for 20 odd hours which can be considered Ok as far as burn in of component goes (for whoever believes in it)

But just after that I got busy with work and health issues of near ones so have not been able to hear music on my setup for almost a month

JLS001 is powering the K buffer with his shunt power supply, so I cannot compare Sachin's DCb1 to this Salas hot rodded DCb1

As far as comparing the sound to Sachins DCb1 powered by OM PSU the sound is better in almost all aspects in my setup
When the Salas DCb1 was connected to JLS001's setup just after build was over the bass was little bit overwhelming in his setup. We assumed it needs time to burn in so i got it home and connected to my setup
But it can also be connected to what level of hotrodding goes well with est of the chain

But i feel the sound can be different due to various reasons when we compare Sachin's DCB1 kit with Salas DCb1

Layout of Salas DCB1 is different, parts used are very much different and mostly are premium parts (ofcourse it even costs way more)

So if the Salas DCB1 sounds better only due to shunt supply is hard to say

But for me overall, the overall sound of the setup has improved significantly and it was worth building the kit

Would I have imported the kit If I knew i would have faced so much trouble by Bombay customs?
Definitely not

Also most importantly all credit goes to JLS001 as he has taken all the pains of assembling the kit and even designing and building the cabinet and front fascia for me

Thanks for the detailed update rikhav. I forgot that Joshua had used that shunt regulator with the K buffer, my bad. I believe I will just add a shunt regulator and see the results for myself.
Hope to build the salas too someday. Your feedback indicates it will be worth it.

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back