Shure TPA 10 Classic Tonearm

reubensm

Hi all, took out my Shure TPA 10 Tonearm with original headshell, fitted with a vintage Shure M3D cart today, and plan to install it on my 301 in my quest to take it back in time, back to the 1950s and use it for playing my older records. The Tonearm came with my 301 but was configured for 9 inch specs. Plan to use it with 12 inch specs. Would anyone have some guidelines for me to follow to mount the tonearm and adjust the headshell angle? Thanks in advance.

Are you sure it is a Shure:)? Must be a Garrard TPA 10. The drawing in this listing may help you to understand the various adjustments.

NEW Garrard TPA 10 12" Transcription Turntable Tonearm Tone ARM Pick UP 4 301 | eBay

Regards,

yes, its a Garrard TPA10, was thinking about the Shure M3D when I wrote the note. The TPA 12 and 10 are different tonearms. The TPA 12 was designed for the 4HF while the 10 was designed and marketed for the 301. I remember reading some old Garrard documentation mentioning that the 10 for playing 16 inch broadcast records. A modified version of the 12 can be seen on the Type-A. The drawing is quite useful. Will run a check.

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back