Shyam Bajaj is no more

Very sad news. I was just googling up for his latest product when I came to know about this. I had met him a few times at his Mahim workshop and he always fascinated me with his boundless energy and passion for his work.

Indeed one of the pioneers of Hi Fi in India. May his soul rest in peace.

Shyam Bajaj is no more but his Norge system lives and making life of thousands including mine's happy.
Ruebensm heard that his daughter is managing the show. may God bless her.

I just called Eastern Electronics an hour ago and spoke to Mr. Laxman who has been Mr. Shyam Bajaj's right-hand man for around thirty five years. I asked if I could speak with Mr. Bajaj when he told me that he passed away in 2015. What a shock to say the least ! I was completely dumbstruck for a few minutes. I have had the honour and pleasure of meeting this incredible gentleman on many occasions at Hammer Smith Industrial Estate in Mahim. I can fondly reminisce memories of enlightening and thought-provoking discussions on Hi-Fi. Whenever I met him, I always came away impressed by his breadth of technical expertise. He was a fount of knowledge yet so very humble. I had also owned the famous Norge 2060 stereo amplifier a few years ago.. To paraphrase Mr. Bajaj, Laxman echoed that "the show must go on" and informed me that Mr. Bajaj's daughter has taken over the reins of this esteemed company. Big shoes to fill without a doubt ! May the soul of this wonderful human being Rest In Peace. Gone but will never be forgotten.. His legacy and contribution to audio and Hi-Fi will live on forever!

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back