Shyam Bajaj is no more

Very sad to hear about demise of this great person. My amplifier and speakers are from Norge. Interacting with him over mail and phone was a great experience in itself. He was a real gentleman and belong to a fast disappearing breed of businessmen who work for their product and not out to take their pound of flesh. He and his employee Laxman readily sorted out all my doubts and it helped me a lot in putting my setup in place which has given me a lot of joy in past few years.
You will be missed Shyam ji. I pray that your family gets strength to bear this irreplaceable loss.
I hope Eastern Electronics will continue to carry on your illustrious legacy. RIP.

It is indeed great loss to the Indian hifi community if I may say that. Has any of the HFV members attended the funeral?

Does anyone have his daughter's Hyderabad address? I'm going to Hyderabad and would like to convey condolences from HFV personally.

I spoke with Mr. Bajaj a few times when I was looking for an audio system, he came across as a gem of a person, genuine, honest, committed to his cause. I doubt my children will get to meet many people of his kind as the generation of these gems is dwindling fast. I pray he attains nirvana at the feet of his chosen deity.

Regards

I called the number and his daughter took the call. She is apparently residing at Mumbai. They aresaid to be two siblings and the other one resides at Hyderabad. I asked her about the future of the brand. She said that the show would go on. It certainly is a good news for hifi community of India.

May the good soul rest in peace.

My Norge 1000 which I bought in 2009, is still singing fine. Recently, a broken speaker binding post, when I could not source locally, he send to me and when I asked about the price to be transferred, he replied me - "Enjoy your music".

I might not be so accurate, but I am hearing of less and less people who stand on their own alone amongst people around them in pursuing their unique vocation .
This man also made a mark.
God bless his soul.

Last edited:
May his soul rest in peace.

BTW is Dilip Bajaj of DNM Audio, Andheri, Mumbai related to Shyam Bajaj?

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back