signal strength on unequal length speaker wire

The calculation of the cross section has to be extremely precise since between 1.75 mm to 2.5 mm the guage drops by 3. 13 to 10. So, if it's 2.5 then you should be good as it's about 10.2 awg.

The calculation of the cross section has to be extremely precise since between 1.75 mm to 2.5 mm the guage drops by 3. 13 to 10. So, if it's 2.5 then you should be good as it's about 10.2 awg.

thanks for the explanation..I too felt that 2.5mm would be nearer to 10awg. unfortunately, something is wrong somewhere and I am unable to zero-in-on the problem which is frustrating to say the least.
Its time to upgrade the wires and this time round, both channels will definitely be of equal length regardless of the brand that I eventually settle for

I would also suggest to get some cable from friend, move the amp closer to seating and check if the sound is ok. This will remove amp, cabling and source as issues. Let us know how it goes

Is your right speaker that far into the corner? It will sound duller if that is the case. Speakers need space around them.
There is no way to avoid that. Pull it out for testing and see. In fact pull both away from walls and see the difference.

There are five blank squares in your drawing. Surely they are not all doors :)

Is your right speaker that far into the corner? It will sound duller if that is the case. Speakers need space around them.
There is no way to avoid that. Pull it out for testing and see. In fact pull both away from walls and see the difference.

There are five blank squares in your drawing. Surely they are not all doors :)

Moved both spkrs 1 foot away from walls and tested, same result :(
All 5 blank squares are doors.

I would also suggest to get some cable from friend, move the amp closer to seating and check if the sound is ok. This will remove amp, cabling and source as issues. Let us know how it goes

As a last resort I used equal length of the polycab wire for both channels to rule out an amp issue and now both channels sound the same with fantastic stereo imaging. So I guess the length of the longer wire has contributed to signal degradation.

Edit:
Thanks to magma and robin landanson for their post on the KLOTZ 1.5mm-http://www.hifivision.com/reviews/60094-klotz-speaker-cable-1-5-mm2.html , I picked up the KLOTZ LY225S 2.5sqmm speaker cable from Kiran Sales Corp Lamington Road @ 120/metre. Was too excited and had to connect it as soon as I got home. Blown away by the performance right upfront..incredible difference on the imaging, tighter warm bass, vocals and instruments flow through with amazing clarity and depth, easy and smooth on the ears..nuances and totally unheard of sounds coming through:D what have I been missing out on all this time ? :yahoo::clapping::eek:hyeah:

Thanks once again to robin and magma. :thumbsup:

Last edited by a moderator:
As a last resort I used equal length of the polycab wire for both channels to rule out an amp issue and now both channels sound the same with fantastic stereo imaging. So I guess the length of the longer wire has contributed to signal degradation.

Yes, the length diff we're contributors. Normally one doesn't notice diff in levels due to slightly different lengths but in this case it was enough to be felt. Glad it got resolved.

Yes, the length diff we're contributors. Normally one doesn't notice diff in levels due to slightly different lengths but in this case it was enough to be felt. Glad it got resolved.

true..i did get the lengths wrong, when I last measured..the shorter wire was 20ft and the longer ..61ft :eek: obviously a helluva difference. anyways, thats all in the past now and the polycab seems like a bad dream..otoh the Klotz LY225S is truly a magical cable, the cable-speaker synergy is astonishing..incredible definition across low mid and high freqs.

Thanks to magma and robin landanson for their post on the KLOTZ 1.5mm-http://www.hifivision.com/reviews/60094-klotz-speaker-cable-1-5-mm2.html , I picked up the KLOTZ LY225S 2.5sqmm speaker cable from Kiran Sales Corp Lamington Road @ 120/metre. Was too excited and had to connect it as soon as I got home. Blown away by the performance right upfront..incredible difference on the imaging, tighter warm bass, vocals and instruments flow through with amazing clarity and depth, easy and smooth on the ears..nuances and totally unheard of sounds coming through:D what have I been missing out on all this time ? :yahoo::clapping::eek:hyeah:

Thanks once again to robin and magma. :thumbsup:

Can "Kiran Sales Corp" supply KLOTZ speaker wire to other places when placed order.

Can you share his contact details??/

r/s

Can "Kiran Sales Corp" supply KLOTZ speaker wire to other places when placed order.

Can you share his contact details??/

r/s

Here is their contact info.. get in touch with them directly.

Biren Sheth 9322235353/ 9969638018
022-23862749

----------------------------------------------------------

The KLOTZ LY225S :)

eqhrNeu.jpg
21YwkaR.jpg

Last edited:
the polycab wire has around 50 strands and the combined diameter of all strands is about 2.5 mm. Referred to this link https://www.tedpella.com/company_html/wire-gauge-vs-dia.htm
which indicates that 12awg wire dia is 2.05mm. please correct me if I have misunderstood interpreting these figures and hope to resolve this speaker wire problem soon :sad:
This is a moot point now but was it 2.5 mm or 2.5 sq.mm? There's a difference.
Also what geometry were you using with the Polycab cables? This is a question I should have asked before and now is purely academic.

This is a moot point now but was it 2.5 mm or 2.5 sq.mm? There's a difference.
Also what geometry were you using with the Polycab cables? This is a question I should have asked before and now is purely academic.

@keith
Although the Polycab has 2.5sqmm and Klotz has 2.5mm 2 printed on the jacket the difference in the performance is night and day to say the least.

Last edited:
For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back