Single large VOB file to be written to DVD-Video format

VSG12777

Hi guys

I managed to download the Eagles - Hell Freezes Over DTS dual layer DVD, but it is in the form of just one large VOB file, which is about 6.8GB in size.

So I do not have the required DVD-Video folders (Video_TS, Audio_TS etc). Also, the other files that go with the VOB are not there (the IFO and BUP files etc).

I am able to play this VOB file on the PC using VLC media player and it works fine with the 5.1 sound. However the same VOB file DOES NOT give me sound if I play it directly through the WDTV HD Media Player (Gen 1). I get only the video.

Next, I tried using MakeMKV (www dot makemkv dot com) I think version 1.56 which is the latest, to convert the VOB directly to MKV (no recoding etc, no compression). It converted it and gave me a slightly smaller size MKV file, but when I played this back, the audio and video were out of sync. This was observed both on the PC and through the WDTV media player. WD player gives me the proper DTS 5.1 sound, but it is out of sync with the video.

What do you all suggest I do? If I can rebuild the DVD-Video structure with the required IFO and BUP files and write this title as a DVD to a folder in my hard drive (instead of writing to a dual layer disc), I can then easily convert this to MKV using MakeMKV which I have used for several of my other DVDs which I wanted to watch using WDTV media player.

I have Ashampoo Burning Studio 9 but I am unable to write this title as a DVD since it also expects the other IFO and BUP files along with the Video_TS folder. Since I have only the VOB file, it gives me some error and I am unable to write the DVD.

I tried using IFO Edit to rebuild the IFO and BUP files but even this program gives me an error.

Anyone with any ideas on how to sort this out? :sad:

This is a really nice album and I would like to listen to the songs in DTS along with the video. Any help is welcome guys!

Warm regards,
Venkat

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back