Skoda Octavia ICE Upgrade.

dr khanwelkar

Dear All,
Help Needed.
Recently purchased Skoda Octavia L&K model.
It has fairly decent ICE.
Where it lacks is the SPL .The amplifier is not up to the mark.
It has 9 speaker canton system.
I would like to upgrade the Amplifier section keeping everything the same.
Can we do it without damaging the warranty?

I feel it's way better then the OE systems in other cars
Please try to tune it properly and I am sure there will be considerable difference

Also being a VW product it's always safer to not tamper with any electronics within the warranty period

But is it possible to add only 4 channel amplifier with a facility of speaker level input?
I think I will be better off with only amplifier.
I am okay with the HU and Speakers.
I am lacking the punch.
I have also read the other post on same line.just now.

It will be possible but that will involve adding cutting wires, opening up of dash and certain panels which might lead to something going wrong or complete void of warranty
VW electricals are little tricky and it's pain troubleshooting so advise is to leave as it is or wait for warranty to get over
Even after warranty if something goes weing you have to be ready to be patient with the car

But is it possible to add only 4 channel amplifier with a facility of speaker level input?
I think I will be better off with only amplifier.
I am okay with the HU and Speakers.
I am lacking the punch.
I have also read the other post on same line.just now.
The likes of the system you have in your car is very complex ( with separate crossovers and complex hu impossible to change). Your car most probably will be having a dedicated amp already probably in the boot.
I think you should enjoy as is until and unless you are ready for major upgrade.
Such system requires expertise to handle. I'd rather stay away for the sake of warranty.

Last edited:
The likes of the system you have in your car is very complex ( with separate crossovers and complex hu impossible to change). Your car most probably will be having a dedicated amp already probably in the boot.
I think you should enjoy as is until and unless you are ready for major upgrade.
Such system requires expertise to handle. I'd rather stay away for the sake of warranty.
thanks dr .lakshay.

And there are no details about the installed system any where.

Usually the higher end version of a particular model of skoda have a canton system
Speakers should be Canton but very difficult to say what will be make of dsp unit, crossover, head unit will be
Generally no manufacturer gives complete details

"The canton system is a 10 speaker stereo system powered by an 11 channel 570W amplifier (the subwoofer uses 2 channels), the factory subwoofer claims to be 200w with a frequency response of 50HZ to 120 HZ (that’s approximate and purely from listening, don’t quote me on that) it’s also a 6” woofer so my doubt is it can’t get close to 50HZ.
The factory amp is located under the left seat (I’m Australian so it’s my passengers side) under the plastic cover
When the factory audio system reaches ¾ volume it attenuates the bass to avoid overdriving the subwoofer causing damage. (Skoda don’t want to be replacing subwoofers under warranty), I believe on the later ones this has been removed as I have driven the newer Octavia’s and at low mileage the subwoofers all sounded blown (I believe this is because clients have turned the subwoofer level and the bass level to +9, and turned the Canton EQ to Rock, this leads to overdriving the subwoofer causing it to prematurely fail, (I’m not sure if this is covered under warranty). Remember it’s like any stereo system it needs a good 100 hours of wear in time."

atlast found this on a web.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Skoda-Oc...h=item1cbdca2ab3:g:pfMAAOSwoyVbfoQ-:rk:2:pf:0

you should try eaton , audison for the amplifier upgrades . The point is it might cost as much as 1/4 price of the car . The canton system seems to be a 11 channel system with 2 channels as subwoofer channels . The speakers are all OEM quality and there is a definitely scope for upgrade . Hertz might be good with their higher SPL ratios .

Simple way to upgrade would be to use a LOC converter - class D amp - bigger sub woofer .I also read online that the sub is a weak link in the system .

After the upgrade if you are not happy with the main speakers , suggest you use the same method LOC -A/B amp to power the front speakers .
This is the cheapest way to upgrade .

Dear All,
Help Needed.
Recently purchased Skoda Octavia L&K model.
It has fairly decent ICE.
Where it lacks is the SPL .The amplifier is not up to the mark.
It has 9 speaker canton system.
I would like to upgrade the Amplifier section keeping everything the same.
Can we do it without damaging the warranty?

You can though get a dsp for processing the high level inputs, and then use amplifiers for required channel.
Or let the stock system be in tact, do not touch or modify its wiring,use a portable media player as a source, then a DSP for crossovers and time alignment, followed by amplifiers for amplification.

I have a Vento and i have replaced the stock HU with Pioneer Double Din, merely acting as a display for the RPI3.
The Source is a RPI3 with Allo's Digione followed by Helix DSP Pro.
Amplifiers are Helix P400 and Audison LRx 5.1K.
Speakers are scanspeak 10f midrange, scanspeak tweeters and Vector Midbass, the Sub is Morel's Ultimo SC122.

Replacing the stock head unit, i always get an error in the CAN-BUS(when i run the scan through VCDS), but i have not faced issues with warranty claims either.

hello .

for skoda you can get Eton speakers with Blam Audio amplifier.

They are direct fit on skoda & no cutting of wires are required .

And i think blam amp also has inbuilt DSP

Setup costs around 1-1.25L .

May be you should install sound damping in your car, if you haven't done it already. It not just improves bass but also reduces road noise and thereby bringing down the noise floor.

May be you should install sound damping in your car, if you haven't done it already. It not just improves bass but also reduces road noise and thereby bringing down the noise floor.

won't help much ... cause skoda has some damping from the company (unlike maruti) but yes there will be slight improvement & huge difference in rattling .

but honestly go for Eton setup .. that is amazing !

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back