Slim surround speakers

k_vijay12

Hi Folks,
I have planned a 7 channel set up + 2 cieling atoms. Fronts are driven by KEF Q 300 book shelves. I will be upgrading my AVR to Denon 3700 or 4700.

For side surrounds, I can't use the standard 11-12" depth speakers as they wd interfere with movement of ppl in the room.

So looking for relatively slimmer speakers with good sound reproduction. About 4-5" types. Currently have the option to use my polk TL 1600 speakers as well. But not sure if these small speakers can withstand the power of the new AVR 3700/4700. Pls advice

Enclosing my short list

1. KEF T301
2. Xtz 95.22
3. Dali Oberon on wall
4. Sonodyne SRT101

Please share your feedback on above and if there are any other good speakers in slim form factor, let me know. Will add to my short list and audition.

Please chk the enclosed floor plan- orange area is seating. The speaker points adjacent is the side surrounds I m referring to.

Thanks

Attachments

• IMG-20201030-WA0032.jpg
    IMG-20201030-WA0032.jpg
    53.3 KB · Views: 15
Hi Folks,
I have planned a 7 channel set up + 2 cieling atoms. Fronts are driven by KEF Q 300 book shelves. I will be upgrading my AVR to Denon 3700 or 4700.

For side surrounds, I can't use the standard 11-12" depth speakers as they wd interfere with movement of ppl in the room.

So looking for relatively slimmer speakers with good sound reproduction. About 4-5" types. Currently have the option to use my polk TL 1600 speakers as well. But not sure if these small speakers can withstand the power of the new AVR 3700/4700. Pls advice

Enclosing my short list

1. KEF T301
2. Xtz 95.22
3. Dali Oberon on wall
4. Sonodyne SRT101

Please share your feedback on above and if there are any other good speakers in slim form factor, let me know. Will add to my short list and audition.

Please chk the enclosed floor plan- orange area is seating. The speaker points adjacent is the side surrounds I m referring to.

Thanks
Out of these I have personally auditioned Sonodyne SRT101. Even if it is an in-wall Bookshelf speaker, the sound reproduction is quite good. It is equivalent to entry level tower speaker. Build quality is very good as it made die-cast aluminum. But Sonodyne after sales, service is poor. Usually Sonodyne Speakers last long but in case any problem comes you need to chase the dealer for service

Hello Vijay,

Check Elac OW 4.2, its too good for surrounds and can easily handle the power of Denon and has a slimer build, which is less than 4" depth.

Dimensions (WxHxD) : 7.87″ x 12.76″ x 3.94″

Thanks,
Dhurai.

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back