Small LCD TV (19" or 22")

pnredkar

Hi,

I need a TV with a small footprint and dimensions for my parents bedroom. On searching I found these two models:

I had a demo of both these TVs in different showrooms. To my eyes (and memory) the Sony seems better. The Samsung seems to have small squares in the picture (similar to ones due to digital compression) on both the TV as well as DVD.

Feature-wise, the Samsung is a 22" TV while the Sony is a 19" TV. However, I did not notice any difference in the size. The Samsung has PIP (TV/AV on component, HDMI or PC) while the Sony has FM-radio. The Samsung also has more settings available in the menus. Oddly, both these TV have a display resolution of 1680 x 1050 with a aspect ratio of (16:10).

Note: On the site, the Sony says that it support 1080p input, however the pamplet (http://www.sony-asia.com/product/resources/en_AP/pdf/LCD/T400_Brochure.pdf) does not mention it. I tend the believe the latter. If the Sony does indeed support 1080p, the deal is sealed!

Now my questions:
  1. Are there any other options available in Bangalore?
  2. Does anyone have experience with these models in particular or Samsung-4-series and Sony-T-series in general?
  3. What are the advantages/disadvantages of the specified display resolution

Any thought/experiences on this topic are welcome.

Thanks in advance,
Prasad Redkar.

Last edited:
well the sony although can accept a 1080p signal will downscale it,and besides u want notice the difference in such a small screen,both the companies are using lcd panels which are ment for monitors,and these are TN panels and any change in ur viewing angle there will a contrast shift and for instance pure white color will look like ultra light brown or orange,almost all colors will look different unless u look at the tv at the correct angle.

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back