Smart phone entry

Woohoo.. tweaked my phone and installed ICS for S2 official launch.. muahhaha!! only saad thing is I lost all my contacts...

How did you lose your contacts? The contacts should have synced with your Google account and automatically downloaded post the upgrade. Anyway, if you have saved a nandroid backup of previous version then go restore it, sync contacts with your Google account, then again install ics and sync with Google account. You will get back all the lost contacts.

Sent from my Incredible using Tapatalk

Naah I didnt and DON'T wana sync all contacts with google or FB.. giving them too much power.. I have to find my backup that i took about several months ago.. :( I know I can always use the backup.. if I can only remember where..

FYI: with a normal update you don't have to worry about contacts being erased adn then getting synced. This time since this was a Different Locale ICS patch it actually formatted my fone :( after modifying the region/Locale

Woohoo.. tweaked my phone and installed ICS for S2 official launch.. muahhaha!! only saad thing is I lost all my contacts...

You can always backup phone contacts by syncing with gmail contacts.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Well Personally ICS has very little to offer anyone who wants to technically exploit any s.w... added to that its kind of unstable..Probably because I installed a developers version...
Theres a small improvement in the Settings page features... and some other facelifts. Apart from this I dindt find any other feature which would make me wana support ICS after 2.3.6 gingerbread.
There s a loophole to the Face recognition screen lock app even.. I think I ll start to learn and mod soon.. fones almost @ the end of its warranty in about 1 month.

@ GCPraveen: I did forget to mention that it was a friend who came up with a sw patch that can change the firmware to look as a Malaysian fone and from there we had to connect, install the dev ICS file. (FYI: I dont have it now either)
Hey.. is your fone under warranty?? which region is your skyrocket from ?

P.S : Firstly I tried to do it and jumbled up everything and then ran to my friend he ran same tool and voila!!!!

@ Utkarsh : I am a lill paranoid about syncing all contacts with google or FB ... I still have a backup some where . just dont know which HDD or Back up DVD i have it in...;)

@ Aanuragn: few months ago when I updated from 2.3.3 to 2.3.6 I didnt have any problems as the software just updated the existing OS>. but I guess because this is an unofficial method involving a patch etc or could be because its a whole new OS framework the patch formatted my phone and I totally forgot that there would be a possibility of that... Also I wouldnt sync my contacts with any of those IT gaints like google or FB .. alill bit paranoid. :rolleyes::indifferent14:

Last edited:
Well Personally ICS has very little to offer anyone who wants to technically exploit any s.w... added to that its kind of unstable..Probably because I installed a developers version...
Theres a small improvement in the Settings page features... and some other facelifts. Apart from this I dindt find any other feature which would make me wana support ICS after 2.3.6 gingerbread.
There s a loophole to the Face recognition screen lock app even.. I think I ll start to learn and mod soon.. fones almost @ the end of its warranty in about 1 month.

@ GCPraveen: I did forget to mention that it was a friend who came up with a sw patch that can change the firmware to look as a Malaysian fone and from there we had to connect, install the dev ICS file. (FYI: I dont have it now either)
Hey.. is your fone under warranty?? which region is your skyrocket from ?

P.S : Firstly I tried to do it and jumbled up everything and then ran to my friend he ran same tool and voila!!!!

@ Utkarsh : I am a lill paranoid about syncing all contacts with google or FB ... I still have a backup some where . just dont know which HDD or Back up DVD i have it in...;)

@ Aanuragn: few months ago when I updated from 2.3.3 to 2.3.6 I didnt have any problems as the software just updated the existing OS>. but I guess because this is an unofficial method involving a patch etc or could be because its a whole new OS framework the patch formatted my phone and I totally forgot that there would be a possibility of that... Also I wouldnt sync my contacts with any of those IT gaints like google or FB .. alill bit paranoid. :rolleyes::indifferent14:

I upgraded my s2 to ics as well but dont you think the phone gets a little warm especially around and under the camera area !

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

I upgraded my s2 to ics as well but dont you think the phone gets a little warm especially around and under the camera area !

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

yeah .. it does.. but my phone was always getting warm when I played games or browsed the net even in 2.3.3 so I am eagerly waiting for a patch now :mad:. Though the new version ie ICS was expected be more effective and more device friendly.
Or may be because its not the official update ......

guess it must be the unauthorized upgrade which might have been the product of Android enthusiasts who would have over clocked the hardware for want of more processing processing power they would have thought would be required to run ICS.

My other device, Nexus S, though being much under powered than GS2 runs smoothly on official pure google ICS.

I guess all the Android devices tend to get overheated. It includes even my Galaxy Note. But, not while playing normal games, or browsing or talking long. The display heavy softwares must be over running the hardware which would cause heat.

Sent from my GT-I9001 using Tapatalk

Guys...

Just off the topic- but can any one of you post link to download Tapatalk 2 (free ;-) ).....

Sent from my GT-I9001 using Tapatalk

Bluu...is this controller for Foobar installed on PC? or is it for a Foobar player on android?

I am looking for controlling my PC (Vista) using my handhelds - blackberry and android froyo. Any suggestions?

Danke!

Sorry for such a late reply. The app is a controller for FB2K on your PC. For remote control of your PC, try Gmote.

I'm finding whatsapp and Viber are working well for me.

yup yup.. Whats app is sweet messenger and I think its totally worth donating .99 $ even!!! I mean compared to the sms charges we pay over a year... if Whats app is universal with a very good server & DB support it would be Sweet.. imgaine..over 12MB sized files can be sent :clapping::yahoo:. Viber is smooth on wifi... pretty neat apps that Android developers have set us up with :)

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back