So i finally start treating my room tomorrow :D

I think you should check up more on absorption and diffusors. In your case, diffusors behind seating would work well. For first reflection points, I still feel absorption works better. if in doubt, make the panels on hanger type hooks so they can be moved around and you can see what works. Slightly harder to do so with diffusors.

I think you should check up more on absorption and diffusors. In your case, diffusors behind seating would work well. For first reflection points, I still feel absorption works better. if in doubt, make the panels on hanger type hooks so they can be moved around and you can see what works. Slightly harder to do so with diffusors.
Hi sud :)

I've actually heard how diffusers sound in small rooms.

In a normal Indian bedroom size room at first reflection points on side walls, probably 6 feet from my listening position - made the sound bright and edgy.

Another room of slightly larger proportion, using diffusers 6 ft behind the listening position. There was no semblance of any imaging in this room.

So diffusion needs distance to work, from the literature I've read on the net, it is a minimum of 10 feet to the listener position. And that too atleast 8 sq.ft area. Anything closer or smaller is a waste of money.

In my current room, since iam seated only 2 feet from backwall, absorption works best here to my ears. I even preferred absorption on side wall first reflection points. But as stated I haven't mounted the absorbers yet. I will first mount skyline diffusers on the front wall, as this distance is close to 9 feet, then will listen for atleast 2 months, before taking a call on side wall reflections :)

Which diffuser was that - qrd or some other? What was the depth? Was it the same in the other larger room?
Hi saith. It was a qrd diffuser of 7 inches depth I think. Both the rooms were using the exact same diffusers. I've never tried a skyline diffuser so far. But plan on using that on my front wall.

Just a continuation of my room treatment journey :)

After leaving my room with half finished bass traps last holidays, finally got round to covering and finishing them up ( 3 layers of covering to keep the geowool fibers locked in ). Still have to add diffusion on front wall and absorption at side wall first reflection points. Progress is slow as it is DIY, and iam a real lazy bum, with starting problems :D

Besides, I want the treatments to blend in with the intended victorian finish of the room, so still thinking on aesthetic ideas to accomplish the same, as I want it to look and feel like a warm, comfy and welcoming space to listen to music or do my reading or have a drink late evenings. Won't mind loosing out on extracting the most out of it sonically, as long as it stays a pleasant room to be in. Will post further updates as I add more treatments.

IMG-20221002-WA0014.jpgIMG-20221002-WA0012.jpgIMG-20221002-WA0010.jpgIMG-20221002-WA0013.jpg

After leaving my room with half finished bass traps last holidays, finally got round to covering and finishing them up ( 3 layers of covering to keep the geowool fibers locked in ). Still have to add diffusion on front wall and absorption at side wall first reflection points. Progress is slow as it is DIY, and iam a real lazy bum, with starting problems :D

Besides, I want the treatments to blend in with the intended victorian finish of the room, so still thinking on aesthetic ideas to accomplish the same, as I want it to look and feel like a warm, comfy and welcoming space to listen to music or do my reading or have a drink late evenings. Won't mind loosing out on extracting the most out of it sonically, as long as it stays a pleasant room to be in. Will post further updates as I add more treatments.

View attachment 72381View attachment 72382View attachment 72383View attachment 72380

The room now looks so neat, clean and tidy. You also have done a wonderful job with the cables, I don't see any mess of wires.

View attachment 72381View attachment 72382View attachment 72383View attachment 72380
Looking classic and Gorgeous 👏

View attachment 72381
Beautiful!

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back