So, what can we do to reduce noise, pollution this Deepavali/Diwali?

You also feel it right? That is the point BRO! Since you were kid, how many times did you NOT fire the crackers during Diwali? Isn't fireworks part of your childhood's fireworks?

You also feel it right? That is the point BRO! Since you were kid, how many times did you NOT fire the crackers during Diwali? Isn't fireworks part of your childhood's fireworks?
You seem to be misquoting me.
Or worse, appropriating my quote as yours.
Just for the record.

Educate me in what way
Do you really want to stoop so low?
As I said, this is an AV Forum.
Let FMs figure for themselves. First you slandered a well-known member, and now you are picking on me for defending a well known member.

Of course!

people of the forum will be free to see who said what. And let's see if anyone says I said something "S*" as you accuse me of.

Of course!

Than you?
Absolutely, forum members can decide for themselves whether Deepavali crackers will doom our earth or they can deal themselves. Nobody needs you to approve that.

My dog would have an absolutely miserable time with the firecracker noise. Also , not sure if it happens now ,but as reported by some papers back in the early nineties in Delhi , stray cows too bore the brunt of some overzealous firecracker throwing boors.
@moktan so your canines cant handle that yearly stress?

Attachments

• sound is a cheat.jpg
    sound is a cheat.jpg
    167.2 KB · Views: 14
  • sound is a cheat 2.jpg
    sound is a cheat 2.jpg
    173.2 KB · Views: 14
Do you really want to stoop so low?
As I said, this is an AV Forum.
Let FMs figure for themselves. First you slandered a well-known member, and now you are picking on me for defending a well known member.
I am not picking anyone brother, no idea why you are defending some individuals on the forum but no one else. In fact I enjoy a lot of things @Analogous posts. I also love a lot of things @Decadent_Spectre posts. So do you find ALL "well known members?" Interesting or you only like the posts from the ones tou like?

The OP makes many OT threads, nothing wrong with that. But trying to point out diwali as a source for the issues he described seems a bit far fetched to me and frankly, illogical IMO. Considering there are many more issues at play here than just firecrackers. Even so it is his views and he's entitled to them.

I personally think this train of thought to ban firecrackers is definitely a political one in India and in the end it depends which fence you sit on.

I am not picking anyone brother, no idea why you are defending some individuals on the forum but no one else. In fact I enjoy a lot of things @Analogous posts. I also love a lot of things @Decadent_Spectre posts. So do you find ALL "well known members?" Interesting or you only like the posts from the ones tou like?
I was only speaking about a well known member you slandered. Have you slandered @Decadent_Spectre before? I am not aware. Could you please post some proof?

I was only speaking about a well known member you slandered. Have you slandered @Decadent_Spectre before? I am not aware. Could you please post some proof?
I might have, I dont remember. If they said shitty things like you did, I might have slandered them, but as far as I know he was much more civilized.

I should add, I'm from Kolkata and the local government has been strict about firecrackers for a while now and personally I feel a little robbed of my joy and childhood in this great festival. There was really no need to get so strict for a few days of festivities.

My dog would have an absolutely miserable time with the firecracker noise. Also , not sure if it happens now ,but as reported by some papers back in the early nineties in Delhi , stray cows too bore the brunt of some overzealous firecracker throwing boors.

Hi all,
Interesting range of responses.
The pollution aspect seems to have dominated the discussion.
So, adding this bit of information for further contemplation.
Once again reiterating I am not posting this as a political issue (we all need to breathe clean air) please don’t interpret it as such or turn it into one. I too grew up celebrating Deepavali with fire crackers and absolutely loved it.

I do respect the opinions of those who have said they would like to celebrate as before using firecrackers. A bit disappointed maybe but that’s ok. Also let us keep discussions and language civil, specially when disagreeing with others. I am sure many like me learn from contrary opinions or different perspectives.

A discussion with subjective opinions and objective measurements would benefit all of us?
If not we can request the mods to close this thread right now.

Last edited:
Hi all,
Interesting range of responses.
The pollution aspect seems to have dominated the discussion.
So, adding this bit of information for further contemplation.

Once again reiterating I am not posting this as a political issue (we all need to breathe clean air) please don’t interpret it as such or turn it into one. I too grew up celebrating Deepavali with fire crackers and absolutely loved it.

I do respect the opinions of those who have said they would like to celebrate as before using firecrackers. A bit disappointed maybe but that’s ok. Also let us keep discussions and language civil, specially when disagreeing with others. I am sure many like me learn from contrary opinions or different perspectives.

A discussion with subjective opinions and objective measurements would benefit all of us?
I am almost tempted to like your post but not so fast, @Analogous :)

Hi Analogous, it is true that on diwali the smoke can get thick, and it certainly used to but I'm of the view that to combat the points in your OP quoted below -

(pollution-environment- health- fire accidents- hearing- pets-animals…more?)

We would need to take a step back to assess other things that affect these things on a far greater scale whereas diwali would be a small drop in the proverbial ocean. IOW even if we somehow remove diwali then these issues would not go away.

For example, hearing - How much has our (collective) hearing suffered due to daily traffic noise pollution, all the time spent on phone or earphones or headphones, our children as they did so from home during covid? Not to mention our musical and HT inclinations? Hearing loss is much more likely in general from prolonged exposure than sudden bursts. Also though the firecrackers are loud, often they are at some distance, especially the ones in the air.

Poullution is a segment of itself, I am sure you realize full well the brunt of pollution not to attribute it to diwali.

Same goes for the environment (which is linked to pollution of course).

I will agree diwali presents a greater fire hazard, one that one may argue is avoidable but isn't our daily life full of electronic gadgets? Fuel in cars? We depend upon them in such a manner that we have stopped considering them to be dangerous. We are oblivious. What about traffic accidents? How many injuries and lives do those claim? Far more than diwali I'd wager.

I can't comment on pets and animals as I have no pets.

What I mean by all this is we should not focus on an event that adds very little to the overall "bad pile" yet gives so much on a humane level to all of us.

All the best.

Yeah i know. I had a dog for 14 years bro. I also know they dont like firecrackers but you can help them to leal with it. Kind of DIY if you will...
I know it’s just a night or two, so ultimately wont matter. It’s another thing though about animals on the outside that were maimed or burnt. I am sure things have changed now and that people are more sensitive and careful.

In do respect the opinions of those who have said they would like to celebrate as before using firecrackers. A bit disappointed maybe but that’s ok. Also let us keep discussions and language civil, specially when disagreeing with others. I am sure many like me learn from contrary opinions or different perspectives.

@moktan, i love dogs (frankly i love the company of all animals that get close to me, but it is just dogs for now :)).... I also know it is a commitment. I have seen them being scared of diwali/Ganesha festival crackers, u know :)

Hi Analogous, it is true that on diwali the smoke can get thick, and it certainly used to but I'm of the view that to combat the points in your OP quoted below -

(pollution-environment- health- fire accidents- hearing- pets-animals…more?)

We would need to take a step back to assess other things that affect these things on a far greater scale whereas diwali would be a small drop in the proverbial ocean. IOW even if we somehow remove diwali then these issues would not go away.

For example, hearing - How much has our (collective) hearing suffered due to daily traffic noise pollution, all the time spent on phone or earphones or headphones, our children as they did so from home during covid? Not to mention our musical and HT inclinations? Hearing loss is much more likely in general from prolonged exposure than sudden bursts. Also though the firecrackers are loud, often they are at some distance, especially the ones in the air.

Poullution is a segment of itself, I am sure you realize full well the brunt of pollution not to attribute it to diwali.

Same goes for the environment (which is linked to pollution of course).

I will agree diwali presents a greater fire hazard, one that one may argue is avoidable but isn't our daily life full of electronic gadgets? Fuel in cars? We depend upon them in such a manner that we have stopped considering them to be dangerous. We are oblivious. What about traffic accidents? How many injuries and lives do those claim? Far more than diwali I'd wager.

I can't comment on pets and animals as I have no pets.

What I mean by all this is we should not focus on an event that adds very little to the overall "bad pile" yet gives so much on a humane level to all of us.

All the best.
@Decadent_Spectre, thank you. I think you have presented your reasoning well. The points you make are as valuable as the way you have expressed them.
I certainly hope no one here interprets that I am singling out this festival for any reason other than what I have mentioned in my OP. I concur this event is just one of the many other factors contributing to the problem. We seem to be on our way transitioning from an oil based economy to a renewable energy based one. Slowly…
I do hear a lot of younger generation are not as enthusiastic but there seems to be no studies on this that I can find. But then after we are gone, it’s their world to survive and face the coming changes.

The OP makes many OT threads, nothing wrong with that. But trying to point out diwali as a source for the issues he described seems a bit far fetched to me and frankly, illogical IMO. Considering there are many more issues at play here than just firecrackers. Even so it is his views and he's entitled to them.
@Decadent_Spectre, those are good points

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back