so.. whats in a Naim ?

Newer Naim amps are not so finicky I am told.

But they sell the naca5 for a reason... The capacitance and inductance values Naim believe are suited for their design..

One of my favorite records i bought while on a visit to the USA a few years ago.

I remember the long drive with my brother, the blue summer mid west sky and the record store where i got this on sale..... Steely Dan - Greatest Hits...
Hi..
If you like the greatest hits, then you will surely like every album of Steely Dan.
I have 5 of them and they are all excellent.
Cheers

a comment from someone in the industry who knows his stuff..

"but as a very rough rule of thumb, 4 inches will work down to about 200Hz and 8 inches will work down to about 100Hz. So your panels should work down to somewhere around 150Hz. This automatically explains that for bass frequencies you need very thick panels. To smooth out the room acoustics at 50Hz you need about 16 inches and for 25Hz you need 32 inches! "

regards

coming off a 4 hour music session -

George Harrison
James Last
Amancio D Silva

The music has become tighter.

I am wondering what to do with the 18 inch sub woofer driver i have for got for myself...:eek:

I thought the Merlins were very good at imaging - but i am wrong - they are excellent !

I find myself turning up the volume a but more...and wanting to play another disc...

no desire for perfection - only improvement if possible...

everything depends on the content of that spinning disc - if its recorded well and in good shape - rest assured it plays very well.

regards

am contemplating a diamond shaped absorber in the middle ( behind the Lenco record player ).

I have some absorbers material left over.

The largest diamond is 30% less in area as compared to the largest rectangle that can be fit into the available gap - considering both the thickness of both panels to be 6 inches.

One way out is to increase the thickness of the diamond to 8.5 inches - that will even out the volume for both shapes.. but aesthetics or lack of it can be a major consideration in these DiY things..

thinking...

The largest diamond is 30% less in area as compared to the largest rectangle that can be fit into the available gap - considering both the thickness of both panels to be 6 inches.

So you are giving yourself a chance of 30% less absorption area.. Hope room aesthetics.. :)

Here is the center absorber panel

37 by 28 by 8 inch thk

right behind the Lenco L75 record player..

Someone i know ( an email friend / audiophile / reviewer ) suggested this step and i must say i am hearing even more texture in the bass

Both quantity and quality

Funny thing is i have gone by my gut feel and havent used any measurements..

I am liking the sound very much..

I have planned something for the ceiling and i hope to put that up after a couple of weeks of listening to my system in this avatar..

I am digging out my CD collection ...

:))

23sept19.jpg

regards

Blends well with the ambience, aesthetically done. Nice!

I am thinking to do something similar, but a TV in between is derailing the plans. No way around, just have to come up with a feasible compromise.

I have planned something for the ceiling and i hope to put that up after a couple of weeks of listening to my system in this avatar..
@mpw, any update on the ceiling treatment?
At least the direction you intend to take if not done as yet :)

This is what I have got

Haven't installed yet

The light grey doesn't exactly match my ceiling color

So I am wondering what next ?

Painting on foam may not be easy... Any suggestions ?

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back