Solution to XMP Remote problem

tellranga

Friends even though I am happy with XMP, I was extremely irritated with its remote Player when it malfunctioned.
Luckily, it is now resolved and I would like to share this small info with fellow members.

Defect details- After couple of clicks initially, my remote will go for a sound sleep and my screen will look still and behave as if I have pressed the remote of some other player. Then to wake up my remote, I will do the following, only to get disappointed and irritated further,

Step A) Feeling lazy to get up, my first attempt will be sitting from my Sofa and try to aim my remote exactly to hit the BULL. I swear that I have hit my XMP sensor many times (beleive me, my aiming cannot be that bad from such a short distance). But for most of my attempts there will be no reaction on the player (not even I have fired my shooting gun so extensively when I use to play my video game)
Step B) When step A fails, I will stare at my partner so that she will get up and try to repeat step A, going closer to XMP.
Step C) Ultimately step B will never happen at all. Given no other choice, I (the so called techie) will be forced to get up from my couch to point my remote very close to XMP (almost like lip to lip), but still the player will remain stern(dumb guy).
To my irritation, I have to repeat step a & step c endlessly and all of a sudden it will work, hurray :yahoo:(only God knows how).

Frequency of this issue- It happened 9 out of 10 times when I use my 1 TB external Hard Disk. I need to wait at least 5 seconds between every successive click. Sometimes my 5 seconds will grow to 10 seconds only to increase my frustration.
But this issue occurred only 1 out of 10 times when I used my 2 GB memory stick.

Work around- Never to pair XMP with 1 TB.

Root Cause - Out of frustration last week, when I saw the supplied batteries inside the remote, it looked to me like an inferior quality model and was also printed "Made In China".

Fix - I immediately rushed to a nearby shop and bought a pair of branded batteries to replace the supplied ones.

Result - To my astonishment, now my XMP remote is working perfectly irrespective of 1TB Hard Disk / 2 GB memory Stick (I hope my aiming skills remains the same).

Recommendations -
So XMP owners, why to live with this problem when you have a choice to fix it. Go and grab branded batteries from your local shop straight away.

If anybody has fixed this problem after replacing the batteries or by some other option , do please share.

Last edited:
Friends even though I am happy with XMP, I was extremely irritated with its remote Player when it malfunctioned.
Luckily, it is now resolved and I would like to share this small info with fellow members.

Defect details- After couple of clicks initially, my remote will go for a sound sleep and my screen will look still and behave as if I have pressed the remote of some other player. Then to wake up my remote, I will do the following, only to get disappointed and irritated further,

Step A) Feeling lazy to get up, my first attempt will be sitting from my Sofa and try to aim my remote exactly to hit the BULL. I swear that I have hit my XMP sensor many times (beleive me, my aiming cannot be that bad from such a short distance). But for most of my attempts there will be no reaction on the player (not even I have fired my shooting gun so extensively when I use to play my video game)
Step B) When step A fails, I will stare at my partner so that she will get up and try to repeat step A, going closer to XMP.
Step C) Ultimately step B will never happen at all. Given no other choice, I (the so called techie) will be forced to get up from my couch to point my remote very close to XMP (almost like lip to lip), but still the player will remain stern(dumb guy).
To my irritation, I have to repeat step a & step c endlessly and all of a sudden it will work, hurray :yahoo:(only God knows how).

Frequency of this issue- It happened 9 out of 10 times when I use my 1 TB external Hard Disk. I need to wait at least 5 seconds between every successive click. Sometimes my 5 seconds will grow to 10 seconds only to increase my frustration.
But this issue occurred only 1 out of 10 times when I used my 2 GB memory stick.

Work around- Never to pair XMP with 1 TB.

Root Cause - Out of frustration last week, when I saw the supplied batteries inside the remote, it looked to me like an inferior quality model and was also printed "Made In China".

Fix - I immediately rushed to a nearby shop and bought a pair of branded batteries to replace the supplied ones.

Result - To my astonishment, now my XMP remote is working perfectly irrespective of 1TB Hard Disk / 2 GB memory Stick (I hope my aiming skills remains the same).

Recommendations -
So XMP owners, why to live with this problem when you have a choice to fix it. Go and grab branded batteries from your local shop straight away.

If anybody has fixed this problem after replacing the batteries or by some other option , do please share.

Branded or Unbranded, both will not work if there is no charge in it.

This happens with large capacity HDD, so just to avoid this either smaller capacity HDD or wait till your player reads the complete HDD(you can make it out by the blinking light on HDD) after that it works well.Also upgrade to the latest firmware.

Branded or Unbranded, both will not work if there is no charge in it.
But defenetly Branded will not be discharged from day one of your purchase.

This happens with large capacity HDD, so just to avoid this either smaller capacity HDD or wait till your player reads the complete HDD(you can make it out by the blinking light on HDD) after that it works well.Also upgrade to the latest firmware.
I did waited endlessly for my player to read the complete HDD,but still in vain.
But this issue never persisted after my battery replacement.

Last edited:
The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back