Some more fresh (New pressing) LPs

SuhasG

******** Moderators: Please don't treat this as an advertisement , this is my attempt to spread the news about availability of new LPs , I am sure many would be interested in them. If you feel otherwise you may delete this thread , I then of course stop posting such messages **********************

Fresh stock of LPs at Oceanic Pune. I am not sure whether these LPs are produced using Analog masters or it a just a conversion job from CD format to LP format!!

Title--- Label ---Artiste ---MRP

JOHN BARLEYCORN MUS ---- Universal ---- TRAFFIC---- 1100
SYNCHRONICITY---- Universal --- THE POLICE---- 1000
APPETITE FOR DESTRU ---Universal --- GUNS N' ROSES--- 1700
THE ALBUM--- Universal --- ABBA ---1000
QUADROPHENIA--- Universal --- THE WHO ---2600
A LOVE SUPREME--- Universal --- JOHN COLTRANE--- 1000
TEASER & THE FIRECA--- Universal --- CAT STEVENS--- 1200
SLOWHAND ---Universal --- ERIC CLAPTON--- 1200
BRUSHFIRE FAIRYTALE ---Universal --- JACK JOHNSON ---1000
LEGEND--- Universal --- BOB MARLEY--- 1000
LIVE AT MONTEREY--- Universal --- JIMI HENDRIX EXPERIE--- 1200
BLIND FAITH--- Universal --- BLIND FAITH--- 1000
DISRAELI GEARS ---Universal ---CREAM ---750
THE CAPTAIN AND THE ---Universal ---ELTON JOHN ---1700
HYSTERIA ---Universal ---DEF LEPPARD ---1000
PINK MOON ---Universal ---NICK DRAKE ---1100
TUPELO HONEY ---Universal ---VAN MORRISON ---1000
PUMP ---Universal ---AEROSMITH ---1500
KISS ALIVE! ---Universal ---KISS ---2000
FRAMPTON COMES ALIV ---Universal ---PETER FRAMPTON ---2000
BREAKFAST IN AMERIC ---Universal ---SUPERTRAMP ---1700
GAUCHO ---Universal ---STEELY DAN ---1200
SECOND HELPING ---Universal ---LYNYRD SKYNYRD ---1500
THE LOW SPARK OF HI ---Universal ---TRAFFIC ---1100
WHO'S NEXT ---Universal ---THE WHO ---1000
GOODBYE YELLOW BRIC ---Universal ---ELTON JOHN ---1500
ACE OF SPADES ---Universal ---MOTORHEAD ---1000
LAYLA AND OTHER ASS ---Universal ---DEREK & THE DOMINOS ---1500
AT FILLMORE EAST ---Universal ---THE ALLMAN BROTHERS ---1600
WHEELS OF FIRE ---Universal ---CREAM ---2000
BLUESBREAKERS ---Universal ---JOHN MAYALL & THE BL ---1000
HOLY DIVER ---Universal Music ---DIO ---1000
AJA ---Universal ---STEELY DAN ---1500
CRIME OF THE CENTUR ---Universal ---SUPERTRAMP ---1000
INNERVISIONS ---Universal ---STEVIE WONDER ---1500
LIVE! ---Universal ---BOB MARLEY & THE WAI ---1000
BROTHERS IN ARMS ---Universal ---DIRE STRAITS ---1000
BLACK ROSE ---Universal ---THIN LIZZY ---1000
COSMO'S FACTORY ---Universal ---CREEDENCE CLEARWATER ---1000
FUNKY KINGSTON ---Universal ---TOOTS & THE MAYTALS ---1000
DIANA ROSS ---Universal ---DIANA ROSS ---1000
ARC OF A DIVER ---Universal ---STEVE WINWOOD ---1000
FIRE & WATER ---Universal --FREE ---1000
EXODUS ---Universal ---BOB MARLEY ---1000

Enjoy!

Hi Suhas,
We were in touch in 2008 I think.
Great that lps have come back.
With good equipment they sound great.
I think we have similiar musical tastes.Though I am more Jazz oriented.
Last you had recommended some Blue Note recordings. I called for 50 of them. Most are very very enjoyable.
Thanks for your insight. Obviously you have great taste.
Thanks
Suresh Lalwani

With due respect to the Moderartors,
The way I see it is you are educating "THE AAM JANTA".
Most people may not even be aware of the existence of these in lp format.
Regarding cds I think the ones available locally are made in EU, they dont have as long a life as USA , German< and others made in non EU countries.
Thats my experience.
Thanks for the education
Suresh Lalwani

I am just bumping this thread as I heard few people were looking for new pressing in LP (during HFV meet).

The coming back of Vinyls are a clear indication that Quality Matters...........thank God that Compact Cassettes is coming to an end.........may be even open reel recorders will come back one day........

The coming back of Vinyls are a clear indication that Quality Matters...........thank God that Compact Cassettes is coming to an end.........may be even open reel recorders will come back one day........

Dream on, Deba. The days of optical media and of Neanderthals such as vinyls are numbered. The future will be purely digital on hard disks, downloadable media. Don't be too surprised if you see music being released in shops on flash drives. Nothing else will make commercial sense.

Cheers

flash drives? That's too outdated. It would be - give me your usb drive and I will download songs to it. Remember the good old days where you had to carry your dabba to get fresh milk? You would get songs downloaded directly to your phone/ mp3 player or thumb drive. The retailers will not have to deal with any "stocks" to sell music. Just a place where you can sample music, see some posters and some babes.

Last edited:
Dream on, Deba. The days of optical media and of Neanderthals such as vinyls are numbered. The future will be purely digital on hard disks, downloadable media. Don't be too surprised if you see music being released in shops on flash drives. Nothing else will make commercial sense.

Cheers

I've seen pen drives used for selling fresh albums (T Series, I think). Somehow it didn't catch on much.
Joshua

Cheers

Its true that all A/V Formats will come to an end because Movies will be directly streamed at your home from the Movie Company and Music will also have the same faith.Its the future and thats why Mr Jobs did not support Blu Ray as a format for HD Video, but to do this we require lots of Internet Bandwidth and that will take a lot of time considering the severe bandwidth crunch throughout the world and especially in our Country.

Storing A/V Files in Hard Disks is quiet old now as many of us do a lot of legal/illegal downloads and buy those terabyte HDs from our computer shops to store it.

Moser Baer is already selling Flash Drives with Movies.........

With due respect to the Moderartors,
The way I see it is you are educating "THE AAM JANTA".
Most people may not even be aware of the existence of these in lp format.
Regarding cds I think the ones available locally are made in EU, they dont have as long a life as USA , German< and others made in non EU countries.
Thats my experience.
Thanks for the education
Suresh Lalwani
Is Germany not an EU country?
Incidentally, the EU pressed Universal LPs that are in stores are pressed in Germany for the most part.

Its true that all A/V Formats will come to an end because Movies will be directly streamed at your home from the Movie Company and Music will also have the same faith..

Similar is already happening on DTH providers for paid movies where you pay say Rs50/- and can watch the movie many times for the time slot. Not fresh releases though.

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back