Sonodyne 1994 speakers

mejobhoot

Hi,
I am trying to build a music system for my home. I cannot spend endlessly, don't want to invest more than 25K at a time. I have a set of 2 very old Sonodyne speakers from a 1994 model tape deck. I have lost the amplifier and don't remember the model no.

Has anybody tried using old Sonodyne speakers with newer amplifier? Is it even worth trying to find an amplifier for these speakers? If so, which one should I get?

Additionally, my speakers would need some work/refurbishment. I live in Pune near Wanowrie/Camp. Where can I find a suitable shop to work on my speakers?

Regards.

There are few shops on Laxmi Road which sell locally made amps and also repair old amps/speakers etc. These are clustered with other electrical, lighting shops. You may try your luck there.

Hi,

Hifi Mart sells Sonodyne amps, there are other amps also available..first fix the speakers and see the cost involved...accordingly then decide on the amp...

Hi,
I am trying to build a music system for my home. I cannot spend endlessly, don't want to invest more than 25K at a time. I have a set of 2 very old Sonodyne speakers from a 1994 model tape deck. I have lost the amplifier and don't remember the model no.

Has anybody tried using old Sonodyne speakers with newer amplifier? Is it even worth trying to find an amplifier for these speakers? If so, which one should I get?

Additionally, my speakers would need some work/refurbishment. I live in Pune near Wanowrie/Camp. Where can I find a suitable shop to work on my speakers?

Regards.
i use a 20 year old sony bookshelf with my tv with a lepai amp,i suggest you look into 50w smsl amplifier which would be about 5000 from aliexpress.

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back