Sonodyne now available on HPZ

DB1989

Just a heads up for people wondering where they can source sonodyne stuff. It was already available on Tata Cliq but another trusted site to consider.

Good to know, "The Home Cinema" from Bangalore also deal with Sonodyne. All my new gear purchases have been via them and are very trustworthy.

Any thoughts on

Sonodyne - Sub 1006.​

Can this be used for a 2.0 just to get that extra low frequency??

Good to know, "The Home Cinema" from Bangalore also deal with Sonodyne. All my new gear purchases have been via them and are very trustworthy.
Yes, They have a nice demo room for Sonodyne dedicately !! Worth considering them if have to audition && purchase Speakers!!

Any thoughts on

Sonodyne - Sub 1006.​

If you want a sub for music, do try and audition a REL. It sounds like an extension of your speakers, courtesy the high level input. The crossover between the sub and the speakers is seamless and undetectable. And its very easy to blend meaning you don't have to fret too much on getting it right. And the bass is extremely fast and clean. Its simply brilliant!

Any thoughts on

Sonodyne - Sub 1006.​

Specs wise these dont seem very impressive , performance can be a different story though :) Subhash had tried dual1012 and found it to be much better than dual SB2000 for movies/music alike

I feel it's on the expensive side considering there is no scope for negotiation on HPZ. I am sure a hifi dealer would be able to provide better prices.

Specs wise these dont seem very impressive , performance can be a different story though :) Subhash had tried dual1012 and found it to be much better than dual SB2000 for movies/music alike

The SB 2000 is a sealed sub meant more for music. The 1012 is a ported sub & the equivalent comparison would be the PB/PC 2000 ported subs which dig deep for movies going down till 16/17 hz.

Last edited:
Yup agreed. I have not experienced the 1012 , @subhash mentioned he preferred it overall for both purposes. But comparitively even the XTZ 12.17 Edge sounds just as good as the SB2000 for music as well , maybe I did not integrate the same well enough.

Yup agreed. I have not experienced the 1012 , @subhash mentioned he preferred it overall for both purposes. But comparitively even the XTZ 12.17 Edge sounds just as good as the SB2000 for music as well , maybe I did not integrate the same well enough.
Hi Flux,
The Xtz 12.17 edge in all probability may out perform the SB 2000 since it is a ported sub.
The 12.17 would also be comparable to the PB/PC 2000.
I have been using the PC 2000 for almost around 2 years and have been extremely happy with the low end it generates effortlessly at its price point.
The 1012 sub seems to be well built with a nice choice of connections behind. If I am not mistaken , it goes down to 25 hz.

Rgs,
Nitin

They dont stock active monitors
Also they only have basic subs from sonodyne

Very true. Pursuant to UMIK + REW tests, i found that the frequency response for the REL T9i in my room was 25hz at -0db though it's officially rated at -6db at 28hz.

Very true. Pursuant to UMIK + REW tests, i found that the frequency response for the REL T9i in my room was 25hz at -0db though it's officially rated at -6db at 28hz.
Interesting!! Didn't know sealed units could go down to 20's.
Wonder how T9i measures in my room?

Cheers,
Raghu

Interesting!! Didn't know sealed units could go down to 20's.
Wonder how T9i measures in my room?

Cheers,
Raghu
For that matter, the Wharfedale Evo and the KEF Q350 also extend to 25hz at -10db in my room before sharply rolling off much like the REL. I guess its a "room thing" + something to do with positioning as well.

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back