Sonodyne SiA 208R with Wharfedale 10.1

Importance of good speaker cable and interconnect comes in the following order:
1. Amplifier
2. Speaker
3. CD Player
4. Interconnect
5. Speaker wire

From my experience I'll recommend not to spend big amount for interconnect and speaker wire. You will gain very little from very quality interconnect and speaker wire from a decent one.

For budget setup I'll recommend MX Brand. They are very very good for the money.
You will get good MX interconnect with good metal connector at Rs.350.
You will get MX speaker wire 12 awg at Rs.100 per meter or 14 awg at Rs.65 per meter. They are too good.
I have compered MX interconnect performance with some imported products like VDH etc. MX is noway inferior. May be VDH is a little better to MX but costs thousands of rupees.
Same story applies to MX speaker wire also.
On CD player I prefer Marantz. I have Marantz CD5001. I love my CD player for its musical performance. CD5004 is the latesr model of CD5001. Hence must be as good or better than CD5001.
Regards,
Partho.

Finally I gave in to the temptation. Visited few places to get some of the shortlisted amplifiers auditioned. The worst amongst them was Denon 710AE. Couldn't get the demo of Yamaha S500. Some Onkyowas ok types. Searched a lot for Marantz but I couldn't find any showroom that had marantz. Then stopped at the Cambridge Audio :D Had the demo of 650A, 550A and 350A.

Liked the sound and after some haggling bought the 550A. Didn't had the ready cash so bought it using credit card. Couldn't really resist the price.

Was tempted to step up and buy the 650A but I guess I did the right thing. My TSi300 wouldn't have known the difference (even 350A would have been fine, for that matter).

I guess I am liking the sound.

Was too excited to reach back home and try it that I forgot to purchase interconnect cables :p Now making do with a chalu type cable to hook up my netbook. Only one channel is working :D

But glad that its working great. I am sure I won't be upgrading now. Have already spent too much now.

Last edited:
Hi Sushanta,
Congrats on your purchase!! Glad that you are enjoying your new possession. I also recently acquired Topping and now the hunt for matching speakers starts. Btw can you shed some details where did you audition and purchased the CA Amps? If you dont mind also the approx purchase price. It may help me for making a decision for future updgrade..

Hi

how about a pre-power combo from Sonodyne ? I have not read anyone mentioning about this combo.is it worth spending money on this combo than to go for integrated amps by CA,Marantz,NAD etc.Pls enlighten.

Hi Sushanta,
Congrats on your purchase!! Glad that you are enjoying your new possession. I also recently acquired Topping and now the hunt for matching speakers starts. Btw can you shed some details where did you audition and purchased the CA Amps? If you dont mind also the approx purchase price. It may help me for making a decision for future updgrade..
Hey its only Sushant (without the last 'a') :p

I got it from FX store at Metropolitan Mall, Gurgaon. Paid odd 20K for the amplifier.

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back