• Hello and Welcome to HiFiVision.com - an online community for the home entertainment and tech enthusiasts!

If you would like to ask a question, participate in a discussion and view attachments please Register yourself.

Sonodyne Sonus or IWO Series Speaker...Anybody have experienced this?

Wharfedale Diamond 11 Series

edjamesx

Hi All ,
I have auditioned few speakers (Infinity Speakers) , Sonodyne , Jamo D500 series (THX) ..etc.

Infinity speakers were good , but they were bright on high frequencies , though their sub woofer was too good.
Jamo D500 speakers : some how i am not impressed with sound , its powerful but not pleasing to ears. (heavy bass + heavy high frequency)

Out of this i liked sonodyne Sonus speakers , well balanced sound & clear notes & tight bass. I auditioned Sonodyne IWO Speakers also , they also sounds good .
Now my race is between Sonodyne Sonus or Sonodyne IWO Speakers.
IWO series can be wall mounted , i prefer wall mounted as it will not occupy more space and can be nicely wall mounted with my HT setup. I have dedicated HT room with Projector.

My budget is limited and i am looking for LCR + subwoofer speakers within 60 k can stretch maximum up to 80k. Will upgrade surround speakers later. The sonodyne speakers well fits to my budget & pleasing to my ears as well.

Also I visited an audio showroom today , they are offering me the "Demo"ed speakers with good discount . Is this worth buying ?.

Please suggest.

elangoas

My budget is limited and i am looking for LCR + subwoofer speakers within 60 k can stretch maximum up to 80k.

An other option : You may also consider Taga Harmony Platinum LCR60 SL speakers, which are wall mountable both horizontally & vertically.. They have 11cm depth and takes lot less space.. Each speaker cost abt 20K each.. So 3speakers x 20K = 60 K.. Also you can pick a Taga Harmony subwoofer TSW 200 (12 inch) for 23K.. All from hifimart.com (or) any other place that you deem good..