Sonodyne Sonus or IWO Series Speaker...Anybody have experienced this?

edjamesx

Hi All ,
I have auditioned few speakers (Infinity Speakers) , Sonodyne , Jamo D500 series (THX) ..etc.

Infinity speakers were good , but they were bright on high frequencies , though their sub woofer was too good.
Jamo D500 speakers : some how i am not impressed with sound , its powerful but not pleasing to ears. (heavy bass + heavy high frequency)

Out of this i liked sonodyne Sonus speakers , well balanced sound & clear notes & tight bass. I auditioned Sonodyne IWO Speakers also , they also sounds good .
Now my race is between Sonodyne Sonus or Sonodyne IWO Speakers.
IWO series can be wall mounted , i prefer wall mounted as it will not occupy more space and can be nicely wall mounted with my HT setup. I have dedicated HT room with Projector.

My budget is limited and i am looking for LCR + subwoofer speakers within 60 k can stretch maximum up to 80k. Will upgrade surround speakers later. The sonodyne speakers well fits to my budget & pleasing to my ears as well.

Also I visited an audio showroom today , they are offering me the "Demo"ed speakers with good discount . Is this worth buying ?.

Please suggest.

My budget is limited and i am looking for LCR + subwoofer speakers within 60 k can stretch maximum up to 80k.

An other option : You may also consider Taga Harmony Platinum LCR60 SL speakers, which are wall mountable both horizontally & vertically.. They have 11cm depth and takes lot less space.. Each speaker cost abt 20K each.. So 3speakers x 20K = 60 K.. Also you can pick a Taga Harmony subwoofer TSW 200 (12 inch) for 23K.. All from hifimart.com (or) any other place that you deem good..

Hi All ,
I have auditioned few speakers (Infinity Speakers) , Sonodyne , Jamo D500 series (THX) ..etc.

Infinity speakers were good , but they were bright on high frequencies , though their sub woofer was too good.
Jamo D500 speakers : some how i am not impressed with sound , its powerful but not pleasing to ears. (heavy bass + heavy high frequency)

Out of this i liked sonodyne Sonus speakers , well balanced sound & clear notes & tight bass. I auditioned Sonodyne IWO Speakers also , they also sounds good .
Now my race is between Sonodyne Sonus or Sonodyne IWO Speakers.
IWO series can be wall mounted , i prefer wall mounted as it will not occupy more space and can be nicely wall mounted with my HT setup. I have dedicated HT room with Projector.

My budget is limited and i am looking for LCR + subwoofer speakers within 60 k can stretch maximum up to 80k. Will upgrade surround speakers later. The sonodyne speakers well fits to my budget & pleasing to my ears as well.

Also I visited an audio showroom today , they are offering me the "Demo"ed speakers with good discount . Is this worth buying ?.

Please suggest.
Hi edjamesx, what did you eventually do? I am also considering Sonodyne IWO 502 as surround speakers, but the dealers in Pune don't have any demo pieces. and as we all know, the dealers always have nice things to say about all the products they offer. So unable to make decision based on solely dealer's word.

Also, if you could share the price at which you got them, if you got IWO.

I have custom made LCR speakers for sale. These are copy of famous Infinity CS 3007 speakers with original crossover, legendary EMIT ribbon tweeters, and IMG midrange.

But some port tuning is required to get best out of it. If you are comfortable in some DIY work then you can consider these.

DM if you are interested.

Location Bangalore

Thanks

If you like the IWO's then buy them. Only you can decide what works for you sonically and logistically, that is, in your room.

The only catch or problem I see with an IWO is that they will need good power to wake them up. I suggest you take your AV receiver to the store and check how they sound and then take a call.

Will be good to know what you fall short on considering you already own Sonodyne speakers.

Hi edjamesx, what did you eventually do? I am also considering Sonodyne IWO 502 as surround speakers, but the dealers in Pune don't have any demo pieces. and as we all know, the dealers always have nice things to say about all the products they offer. So unable to make decision based on solely dealer's word.

Also, if you could share the price at which you got them, if you got IWO.
I have got Sonus Center + Sonus Floor standers since my room size is bigger. They are sounding good.

If your room size is below 10*10 and your budget is limited u can go for IWO speakers also. They also sounded nice.

Jamo D500 speakers : some how i am not impressed with sound , its powerful but not pleasing to ears.
Am using Jamo for quite few yrs and they never sounded bright to me both in Treated and untreated rooms.
Must have been some AVR calibration issue when u demoed them..

Am using Jamo for quite few yrs and they never sounded bright to me both in Treated and untreated rooms.
Must have been some AVR calibration issue when u demoed them..
Ok. Could be ...
During one of my demo session dealer showed me Sonus faber speakers , Sondodyne speakers with same AVR setup and configuration. Ofcourse Sonus faber speakers sounded nice , but Sonodyne speakers sounded good almost nearly 80% compared with sonus faber speakers which are super expensive (4 times the price of sonodyne speakers).

That was decision point for me to go ahead with Sonodyne speakers and still enjoying my setup.

Anyways its very old thread :) :) i don't remember the exact setup they used in showroom for Jamo speakers.

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back