Sonus Faber Venere S

screwgauge

Hello,

Is anyone on this forum using these speakers? If so, could you please share how they work for genres like Ghazals and Hindustani classical vocals? I am aware that they have been discontinued and there is debate on if they were hand made in Italy or in China etc, but they seem to be available for a great price.

Also, what amps are you using to drive them?

Thanks

I have heard them for a few days last year. They are fantastic speakers and dig quite deep, so would be overpowering in a small/ medium room. Although they have a down firing port, they need good space from the wall, else the bass gets bloated. For the genres you have mentioned the 3 x bass drivers on each speaker would be totally under utilized. They need very good amplification to bring the best and the beast out of them. I had them driven by Gryphon Diablo 120. But any good amp which handles 4 ohms and lower without strain will do. Mind you, they are huge but the wooden finish is such a beauty. The Italians sure know their art.

If your listening is predominantly the genres you have mentioned, you could probably get good book shelves and a good amp at the cost of the Venere S. Iam not very aware of its actual take home price in India, but suggesting after looking at the price listed in Indian websites.

I have heard them for a few days last year. They are fantastic speakers and dig quite deep, so would be overpowering in a small/ medium room. Although they have a down firing port, they need good space from the wall, else the bass gets bloated. For the genres you have mentioned the 3 x bass drivers on each speaker would be totally under utilized. They need very good amplification to bring the best and the beast out of them. I had them driven by Gryphon Diablo 120. But any good amp which handles 4 ohms and lower without strain will do. Mind you, they are huge but the wooden finish is such a beauty. The Italians sure know their art.

If your listening is predominantly the genres you have mentioned, you could probably get good book shelves and a good amp at the cost of the Venere S. Iam not very aware of its actual take home price in India, but suggesting after looking at the price listed in Indian websites.
Thanks, your inputs are very valuable. I plan on putting them in a 14x24 room (on the 14ft wall) but the listening position would be 10ft from the 14ft wall.

The discounted prices are around $3400.

Thanks, your inputs are very valuable. I plan on putting them in a 14x24 room (on the 14ft wall) but the listening position would be 10ft from the 14ft wall.

The discounted prices are around $3400.
@screwgauge You might end up with around $2.5k in customs as well right? I'm also contemplating on buying Tekton Moab(around 5K including shipping) and customs shoots the price.

Back