Sony 2021 models

Travelling in same boat for the 55 x90j to drop the beat:rolleyes: and come sub 1lac. Let's see how tcl plays the c825 game.
Sub 1 Lac will never happen , look X900H itself... Expect may be the price to drop down to 1.2 during Diwali but nothing beyond that...

Sub 1 Lac will never happen , look X900H itself... Expect may be the price to drop down to 1.2 during Diwali but nothing beyond that...
X900h is sub 1l as of 5-6 months now.. It will come down gradually by Diwali time brother. Then all you need is go to the store and squeeze.

X900h is sub 1l as of 5-6 months now.. It will come down gradually by Diwali time brother. Then all you need is go to the store and squeeze.
Launch price of the x90j was significantly higher than the X90H so % drop over the period will give you a better idea of where it will settle

Launch price of the x90j was significantly higher than the X90H so % drop over the period will give you a better idea of where it will settle
Yep, thats what I am looking at X90J listed at 150K on Sony India site, but went on sale straight at 133K. X900H began at 1.29 sticker and store I guess. That gives me some hope, as FM's got it for even 91k on this forum and my negotiation was a couple K more on that figure although I pulled back. Let's wait C825 and even a late launch of U8G maybe a game changer. I will continue to prolong my suffering meanwhile..1lac is too much for me to spend on a TV, it's a mental block I cant get over esp. with a puny 1 year warranty.

I don't think this tv is worth even at a 1L price. The LG B series OLEDs are always around 1.1-1.15L range during Diwali. LG B series is obviously better unless those 250 - 300 nits of X90J matter to you or you don't prefer OLED TVs.

As I have mentioned in the previous post the fair price of this tv is 75K for 55 and 1.25-1.3L for 65. Anything above that is overpaying.This is not even a flagship tv of sony's LED lineup for 2021.X95J is the flagship. Sony is just hoping that people will buy this at any price given its brand name.

Guys I am not sure if it has been discussed here in the past but Sony's latest models have what they have introduced known as "contrast boosters". Flagship and high end TV's have a 15 contrast booster value. Mid ranges have 10 contrast booster value and the entry levels have a 5 contrast booster value marked or tagged for quality purpose. So do check if the contrast booster value is mentioned. Master series should have 15 I think.

Approx 56% markup, still can't get my head around this blasphemy on the x90j 55".. Usd price 96k approx INR price 1.5l.. Sony guys are importing these sets as is it seems
Are you sure that Sony is importing these sets. The package says Made in India. Could actually be assembled in India. When I scanned the EAN number on one of the packing it showed Japan. Don't know what it is. EAN stands for European article number.

And also the OEM packing has a bit of Japanese and Thai language written as instructions denoting Front and Back side.

Last edited:
Last year when I bought the Sony 8000H 75" TV for 2.12 lakhs without bargaining as I wanted a TV before Diwali as a surprice gift for my aged dad, in just 14 days it went down to 1.89 lakhs. On top of it, I had paid an extended 2 years warranty for 13k. 2.25 lakhs in all. Now we get X80J 75" model for 1.79 lakhs online itself and maybe around 1.69 lakhs in the showrooms. The extended Croma warranty right now is 20k but until a week ago was 15 k on festive offer. Why I am saying this is because last year this time there was a thread titled 75" TV's under 2 lakhs, with some FALD TVs costing even 5.29 Lakhs (9500G 75"). Even with the chip crisis prices have reduced in 75" segment. Plus 77" OLED is also coming down and so are FALD 75" TVs.
Till 2020, big TVs were frightfully expensive but the dawn of 2021 has brought prices in the reasonable territories and come 2022/23/24 we may see the big 3 selling even 85" for less than one lakh fifty thousand.

Lol, Sony hasn't even provided ALLM and VRR updates to the X90H which was released a year ago. This will probably get it in 2023 at this rate
So finally Sony has released the update today which enabled ALLM and VRR on the X9000H (along with updating Android version to 10). No way for me to test ALLM and VRR as I don't have an Xbox Series X though. :D

Last edited:
Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back