Sony 2021 models

Sony 9000 series is always good. But other TV's have caught up it seems in recent times especially the wily Samsung corp. Their fancy TVs and their knack of making a small town sparrow look like a hawk by making them fly high tactics and what not. Hey, Good choice.
Samsung does have few tricks up it sleeves but for cinephiles not having Dolby Vision is a deal breaker, my current TV is a humble 7 year old 55' Samsung which is serving well so far but its a HD TV. I saw the 2021 frame release update yesterday and quite sure it will be priced very well.

If it came with DV , i would have bought it just because the wifey loves the aesthetics

OLED burn in didn't really worry me, just couldn't justify spending so much even though I know PQ and black levels won't be as good on the Sony. All things told, I'm seriously impressed by the X9000h, and thank god for that, because wifey has proclaimed no more TVs for 10 years :D
No amount of youtube reviews can do justice to PQ of X9000H. Wish sony hadnt announced X90J :p , either ways i will pick up one of the Sony's by end of the month , cant wait any longer...

Sony 9000 series is always good. But other TV's have caught up it seems in recent times especially the wily Samsung corp. Their fancy TVs and their knack of making a small town sparrow look like a hawk by making them fly high tactics and what not. Hey, Good choice.
Samsung was the undisputed king of LCD TVs a few years ago. The Q9F/Q8F were unrivalled in 2018 and the Q90R/Q80R in 2019. It's only that they started to cheap out their product stack in 2020 and 2021 that Sony has been relevant for LCDs. Sony 9000/9500 aren't their flagship TVs, so they understandably get less attention than the Samsung 90 series, which is their flagship line.

And even in 2021, there's no equivalent LCD TV to the QN90A, even if the TVs below it all suck.

No amount of youtube reviews can do justice to PQ of X9000H. Wish sony hadnt announced X90J :p , either ways i will pick up one of the Sony's by end of the month , cant wait any longer...
It's launched bro.....The TV is way overpriced as compared to x9000h....its better to go with x9000h

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210610-135636_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20210610-135636_Chrome.jpg
    740.1 KB · Views: 23
Well Sony are backward in LED Tech too, no Mini-Led from them in 2021, I know the Mini-Led tech is more costly to manufacture but its not like Sony charges budget prices, especially in India were they charge customers like exotic speaker brands ;)

Looking forward to their A80J oled price in India. Hope they don't screw up & start going down hill & eventually stop selling their high end tvs in India, which won't surprise me & then they will blame it on the Pandemic.

Samsung was the undisputed king of LCD TVs a few years ago. The Q9F/Q8F were unrivalled in 2018 and the Q90R/Q80R in 2019. It's only that they started to cheap out their product stack in 2020 and 2021 that Sony has been relevant for LCDs. Sony 9000/9500 aren't their flagship TVs, so they understandably get less attention than the Samsung 90 series, which is their flagship line.

And even in 2021, there's no equivalent LCD TV to the QN90A, even if the TVs below it all suck.
For me the QN90A is a killer product from Samsung this year, it will sell like hot cakes this Diwali for sure.

They do have a winner in their hands. I know no DV sucks but its still a great Mini-Led TV.

This Diwali finally there is some good TVs both Leds/Oleds to buy :D

The richest folks have Sony Z9F the master series 8k TV in their ballpark what can commercially be available at stores that can be eye candy best in the business. QN90A and other good TV's of samsung can't compete with this gladiator of a peach TV.

I wonder why people don't compare this beast with its rival company flagship models. Maybe because one needs to sell his kidney to buy it. (I am not arguing with you here. Just asking).

The richest folks have Sony Z9F the master series 8k TV in their ballpark what can commercially be available at stores that can be eye candy best in the business. QN90A and other good TV's of samsung can't compete with this gladiator of a peach TV.

I wonder why people don't compare this beast with its rival company flagship models. Maybe because one needs to sell his kidney to buy it. (I am not arguing with you here. Just asking).
Well i m sure you are not aware of it since you were only using Sony TVs most of the time, QN90a is the flagship for 4k from Samsung & not their 8k flagship, Samsung also have Micro-Led 8k flagship TVs which rival the Z9F & also cost Kidneys.

The richest folks will own the Samsung microLED or 8K OLEDs or personal theatres. No billionaire will install Z9H in his house.

It's launched bro.....The TV is way overpriced as compared to x9000h....its better to go with x9000h
I expect the price to be 25-30 k higher than X9000H but considering its new processor and 120 hz blur issue is ironed out , im fine. however so the price has been announced for just 55" & this was annouced couple of weeks ago. I'm curios to see how the price the 65" now...

Any idea when A90J will be available in India
Probably end of the year or closer towards Diwali. Sony India launched the A8H Oled so late over here in India.
A8H was launched in November 2020, so catch around Sep-November for the A80J & A90J.

I expect the price to be 25-30 k higher than X9000H but considering its new processor and 120 hz blur issue is ironed out , im fine. however so the price has been announced for just 55" & this was annouced couple of weeks ago. I'm curios to see how the price the 65" now...
Well looking at Sony India pricing, it will be priced close to the Samsung 65"QN90A. Should be approx 2.6L list price.

Well i m sure you are not aware of it since you were only using Sony TVs most of the time, QN90a is the flagship for 4k from Samsung & not their 8k flagship, Samsung also have Micro-Led 8k flagship TVs which rival the Z9F & also cost Kidneys.
Well samsung has mini led 8k and sony this year has Z9J.I don't know which model is Z9F as last year it was Z9H and before that Z9G.Maybe it's a typo by Donivlapog.

Sony 8k flagship is much better than Samsung 8k models.it cheaper also 10 lac vs 13 lac(you have to sell kidneys anyways).Z9J is going to be the best LCD this year money can buy.Also for such a large tv processor becomes very important and sony has the best processor

Also Micro-Led produced by all 3 Sony, Samsung and LG. Also, they are modular in nature so can be scaled to any size or resolution. But due to constraints companies are producing it only in larger sizes 100+ inches mainly for commercial use.

It will be around 1.9-2.0 L range for 65.

The richest folks will own the Samsung microLED or 8K OLEDs or personal theatres. No billionaire will install Z9H in his house.
Z9H in youtube is being reported as good as an OLED 8k. Wonder how resolutions under 1080 will look in this TV.

Z9H in youtube is being reported as good as an OLED 8k. Wonder how resolutions under 1080 will look in this TV.
If you make a lot of money, a TV is more a decorative piece than for PQ. If you need immersive experience, those guys will build a personal theatre in a bigger room with a microLED or a proper projector (not the puny 2000-5000 lumen ones sold to consumers).

A thin OLED looks a whole lot better than a massively thick LCD TV, so I still don't see a reason for the Z9H. Also anyone who can afford microLED won't go for Z9H.

Z9H's purpose is for very bright living rooms where you still want some HDR impact and you have good money.

Anyway, we are talking reasonable TVs here. In that perspective, no LCD TV did match Samsung Q9FN/Q90R in their time. Sony Z series or Samsung 8K TVs or microLEDs don't fit this discussion. Not to mention these TVs didn't exist when the Q9FN did.

Well samsung has mini led 8k and sony this year has Z9J.I don't know which model is Z9F as last year it was Z9H and before that Z9G.Maybe it's a typo by Donivlapog.

Sony 8k flagship is much better than Samsung 8k models.it cheaper also 10 lac vs 13 lac(you have to sell kidneys anyways).Z9J is going to be the best LCD this year money can buy.Also for such a large tv processor becomes very important and sony has the best processor

Also Micro-Led produced by all 3 Sony, Samsung and LG. Also, they are modular in nature so can be scaled to any size or resolution. But due to constraints companies are producing it only in larger sizes 100+ inches mainly for commercial use.
At 8k resolution can even a 20:20 vision spot difference between Samsung 8k and Sony 8k in terms of picture quality? The X1 ultimate powers it and we will have to give it to Sony.

Maybe it has been posted elsewhere, but this guy has done a good video of settings to use on the X9000h (and probably on the X90J as well). He also says the Sony somehow isn't as conducive to brightness tests like other TVs and the nits reported by Rtings and other sites aren't exactly true as the TV can get quite a bit brighter in real world scenarios. His settings worked really well for me though, in case anyone is interested.

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back