Sony 2021 models

A few months ago Sony A8G 65 with X1 extreme processor was priced at 2.08 lakhs online only. Paul Joseph, a forumer and a buddy of mine could even have guided and assisted me buy it under 2 lakhs with the no cost emi option trick and foreclosing maneuver that he has demonstrated to this forum, thereby almost equalling the 1.92 lakhs deal I got with this LG CX of mine. But the bad experience with Sony 8000H made me want to try LG.(hdmi2.1 notwithstanding) This A9G 65" will come down to 2.08 lakhs in a few months at shopatsc if history repeats itself. But around March next year. In same parallels LG C1 would get real affordable during Diwali.
CX is better tv overall than A8G.So i don't think you gonna regret your choice.

The 2020 model is supposed to be brighter with better motion some new processing technology im hoping its a sacrifice i can live with.
U mean the 2021 models. I agree the A90J will launch at 4.2L approx & got for a max 20% discount in 6 months.
The discounted price for the A90J should be approx 2.9-3L few months after launch. Sony always does this.
You still bought a very nice TV but feel Sony are still over charging for a 2019 model.

Enjoy your new TV & upload some pics when u get it.

U mean the 2021 models. I agree the A90J will launch at 4.2L approx & got for a max 20% discount in 6 months.
The discounted price for the A90J should be approx 2.9-3L few months after launch. Sony always does this.
You still bought a very nice TV but feel Sony are still over charging for a 2019 model.

By 2020 model i mean A8H.

By 2020 model i mean A8H.
Oh yes, A8H has better motion, BFI & also the same panel like the LG CX. I think the A8H also has the same Netflix Calibrated Mode.

But just for aesthetics between A8H or A9G, the A9G is better looking.

Enjoy your TV..

Oh yes, A8H has better motion, BFI & also the same panel like the LG CX. I think the A8H also has the same Netflix Calibrated Mode.

But just for aesthetics between A8H or A9G, the A9G is better looking.

Enjoy your TV..
Technically speaking A8H is not master series and just has the X1 ultimate processor and is a more modern TV. A9G is master series although it is slightly better than A8H in viewing angles, image retention benchmark, motion interpolation and sound output. But A8H mind you does have an edge in many other factors than A9G.

In other series we can say ,9 series of Sony wins against an 8 series modern year of release TV. Like 8000H < 9000G in LED LCD. However in OLED A8H is better than A9G in the minds of the customers.

Last edited:

No no. Even the 2020 A8H has a brighter panel than the A9G. The 2021 models are even more brighter. From the HDTVTest and RTINGS reviews, the the only significant difference between the A8H and the A9G is brightness, colour volume( due to the brightness) and 120hz BFI

Sorry, this is not to rain on your parade.
But the a90j has a significant flaw wrt near black handling.
You can check the G1 vs A90J comparison review of Vincent teoh.
When someone spend big money on the master series, these kind of flaws are unacceptable.

PS: Even a professional calibrator like Vincent couldn't do anything about it.

Yeah, every TV will have flaws but at this level the flaws are just so minor that its not really an issue for most people. Hell my TV doesn't even have local dimming so it has a metric shit ton of flaws but at the end of the day, it's good enough for most usage.

The near black handling issues are also on LG oled's but not as much. On the other hand the LG tv's have worse motion handling, colour representation and worse HDR impact and SDR image upscaling.

Its always a trade-off

Yeah, every TV will have flaws but at this level the flaws are just so minor that its not really an issue for most people. Hell my TV doesn't even have local dimming so it has a metric shit ton of flaws but at the end of the day, it's good enough for most usage.
Yours is X9000F right? It does not have local dimming?

Anyone have a clue by when X90J 65 Inch could be launched in India ? I see only 55 Inch and currently torn apart if i should wait for few more months to buy X90J or buy the X90H right away . I'm not too worried about the cost difference between both the models...

Thanks,

Anyone have a clue by when X90J 65 Inch could be launched in India ? I see only 55 Inch and currently torn apart if i should wait for few more months to buy X90J or buy the X90H right away . I'm not too worried about the cost difference between both the models...

Thanks,
I got fed up of the wait, (and a couple of distractions to try to buy the LG BX or the Mi 75 Qled) but finally gave in and got the X9000h. The 55 X90J was itself retailing about 1.5 so not even going to worry too much about how much better the 65 X90J would be :)

I got fed up of the wait, (and a couple of distractions to try to buy the LG BX or the Mi 75 Qled) but finally gave in and got the X9000h. The 55 X90J was itself retailing about 1.5 so not even going to worry too much about how much better the 65 X90J would be :)
I'm in the same boat as you were , I loved the LG but im pretty sure with my usage burn-in is very likely to happen so skipped it. MI i have never liked , infact all chinese brands cut corners in more than one ways and PQ is no where close to my liking...

Had samsung not ditched DV I would happily picked a one of the latest models...

Now I've given myself a deadline of end of June , if X90J comes out well & good else will pick up X90H and move in life :p

I'm in the same boat as you were , I loved the LG but im pretty sure with my usage burn-in is very likely to happen so skipped it. MI i have never liked , infact all chinese brands cut corners in more than one ways and PQ is no where close to my liking...

Had samsung not ditched DV I would happily picked a one of the latest models...

Now I've given myself a deadline of end of June , if X90J comes out well & good else will pick up X90H and move in life :p
If you watch non stop without switching off the TV for months with static content, there is a small chance it might burn in. Just let us know your TV watching pattern please.

If you watch non stop without switching off the TV for months with static content, there is a small chance it might burn in. Just let us know your TV watching pattern please.
Have an active 4 year old Kid who watches loads of stuff on youtube with static logo so does the wife , TV at home since the lockdown runs for 10-12 hours more so on the weekend...

I will probably spend an 3-4 hours over the weekend on PS4 , hope to upgrade to PS5 sometime later...

Living in constant fear of burn-in or dead pixel is not something I really want to suffer right now while be locked indoors :p

Have an active 4 year old Kid who watches loads of stuff on youtube with static logo so does the wife , TV at home since the lockdown runs for 10-12 hours more so on the weekend...

I will probably spend an 3-4 hours over the weekend on PS4 , hope to upgrade to PS5 sometime later...

Living in constant fear of burn-in or dead pixel is not something I really want to suffer right now while be locked indoors :p
When you soft switch off the TV (soft switch off is through the remote. Hard switch off is power off at the switch board) there is a pixel refresher compensation cycle running after four cumulative hours of usage. It checks your individual diodes in your panel for voltage variance and puts them in an equilibrium. If that is not let to be performed, ie. if you hard switch off immediately, then, the variance in charges in the diodes will cause image retention. Only excessive rough use can lead to screen burn ins these days. But again I don't want to influence your selection choice. I am just saying.

well u got a point as the tv will be used my others more then you. Regarding Dead Pixel that can happen to any lcd screen too..

OLED burn in didn't really worry me, just couldn't justify spending so much even though I know PQ and black levels won't be as good on the Sony. All things told, I'm seriously impressed by the X9000h, and thank god for that, because wifey has proclaimed no more TVs for 10 years :D

OLED burn in didn't really worry me, just couldn't justify spending so much even though I know PQ and black levels won't be as good on the Sony. All things told, I'm seriously impressed by the X9000h, and thank god for that, because wifey has proclaimed no more TVs for 10 years :D
Sony 9000 series is always good. But other TV's have caught up it seems in recent times especially the wily Samsung corp. Their fancy TVs and their knack of making a small town sparrow look like a hawk by making them fly high tactics and what not. Hey, Good choice.

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back