Sony 2021 models

Maybe it has been posted elsewhere, but this guy has done a good video of settings to use on the X9000h (and probably on the X90J as well). He also says the Sony somehow isn't as conducive to brightness tests like other TVs and the nits reported by Rtings and other sites aren't exactly true as the TV can get quite a bit brighter in real world scenarios. His settings worked really well for me though, in case anyone is interested.
Did he provide objective measurements to prove his point at D65 white point, or it's just word of mouth? Can you provide a timestamp to where he says that?

Brightness is brightness and you can objectively measure it. Rtings measure them in real-world scenes as well as at different picture levels. Also, they provide you results before and after calibration in some cases as well. Not to mention their numbers match with professionals like HDTVTest and all over the world. So I'd rather trust them.

The Sony A90J can hit 1300 nits on the vivid mode but once you calibrate it, it will go down to 800-900. And the C1/G1 can break 900 nits on vivid mode with dynamic tone-mapping as well, but the calibrated brightness is only 750-800 nits. That's what matters as I'm not going to make everything look blue in order to get a brighter picture.

Don’t take this guy serious. Just an average u tuber who creates content from his home on things he owns

Did he provide objective measurements to prove his point at D65 white point, or it's just word of mouth? Can you provide a timestamp to where he says that?

Brightness is brightness and you can objectively measure it. Rtings measure them in real-world scenes as well as at different picture levels. Also, they provide you results before and after calibration in some cases as well. Not to mention their numbers match with professionals like HDTVTest and all over the world. So I'd rather trust them.

The Sony A90J can hit 1300 nits on the vivid mode but once you calibrate it, it will go down to 800-900. And the C1/G1 can break 900 nits on vivid mode with dynamic tone-mapping as well, but the calibrated brightness is only 750-800 nits. That's what matters as I'm not going to make everything look blue in order to get a brighter picture.
Around 31:35 odd is where talks about the brightness, obviously it's only his opinion and has to be taken with a grain of salt, but feels super bright to me as well with my untrained eyes. He clearly says earlier in the video that this isn't OLED, nowhere near it, but its good for what it is. I've actually cranked down the brightness as he suggested, to 20 (default was 40 or 45) and definitely looks better. Would be interested to know everyone's views for sure, because if I can get the picture even better looking than what it is, always up for it :)

Around 31:35 odd is where talks about the brightness, obviously it's only his opinion and has to be taken with a grain of salt, but feels super bright to me as well with my untrained eyes. He clearly says earlier in the video that this isn't OLED, nowhere near it, but its good for what it is. I've actually cranked down the brightness as he suggested, to 20 (default was 40 or 45) and definitely looks better. Would be interested to know everyone's views for sure, because if I can get the picture even better looking than what it is, always up for it :)
So he says that his eyes see that it's brighter than 700 nits, but he doesn't know what 700 nits looks like. LMAO.

Also, rtings tests in real scenes as well:
1623399233212.png

Obviously people owning the TV will talk that the TV is best thing since sliced bread, and others owning this TV will believe it because its suits their narrative.

So he says that his eyes see that it's brighter than 700 nits, but he doesn't know what 700 nits looks like. LMAO.

Also, rtings tests in real scenes as well:
View attachment 57970

Obviously people owning the TV will talk that the TV is best thing since sliced bread, and others owning this TV will believe it because its suits their narrative.
Fair enough, as I said, take it with a grain of salt. Maybe I should have said a whole block of salt instead ;) The main intent of the video was the settings which I felt really improved the overall picture from the out of the box settings (which was set to Vivid, ugh!). Happy with my purchase overall.

He is just being Cheeky n sarcastic :p he never ordered the TV , it is one of those unverified reviews where anyone can post a review without actually owning the product provided Amazon/Flipkart moderators allows it.
Oh, why would one do that? to get Sony India's attention? i guess i m getting too old for all this jazz. :rolleyes:

I actually thought he bought the Tv, my mistake..

Maybe it has been posted elsewhere, but this guy has done a good video of settings to use on the X9000h (and probably on the X90J as well). He also says the Sony somehow isn't as conducive to brightness tests like other TVs and the nits reported by Rtings and other sites aren't exactly true as the TV can get quite a bit brighter in real world scenarios. His settings worked really well for me though, in case anyone is interested.
I hope by now you have got everything adjusted to your liking...

Have you noticed any color banding as claimed by new owners , I dont see sony meeting my deadline of releasing x90j before end of June so X900h is the only option left...

I hope by now you have got everything adjusted to your liking...

Have you noticed any color banding as claimed by new owners , I dont see sony meeting my deadline of releasing x90j before end of June so X900h is the only option left...
Very faint in some scenes, hardly noticeable unless you're looking for it. It's more obvious in the colour banding tests on YouTube. But in real life viewing, IMO you can't notice it unless you go looking for it. What's the Sony center guy saying? No chance of 65X90J anytime soon? Although he might hide things so he can move out old stock :)

Very faint in some scenes, hardly noticeable unless you're looking for it. It's more obvious in the colour banding tests on YouTube. But in real life viewing, IMO you can't notice it unless you go looking for it. What's the Sony center guy saying? No chance of 65X90J anytime soon? Although he might hide things so he can move out old stock :)
Awesome , well the sony claims X900h is short in supply but another sony showroom is ready to deliver tomorrow. But no one seems to have a clue when X90J 65 inch would be released or what would be the price like... it's really baffling , i hope Idiots at sony are not thinking of announcing the pricing after TCL's event on 30th June....

After Samsung launched the 2021 frame series i really thought Sony would come gunning but no such luck.... If only Samsung had not ditched DV i would have been enjoying one of theirs at home right now...

Awesome , well the sony claims X900h is short in supply but another sony showroom is ready to deliver tomorrow. But no one seems to have a clue when X90J 65 inch would be released or what would be the price like... it's really baffling , i hope Idiots at sony are not thinking of announcing the pricing after TCL's event on 30th June....

After Samsung launched the 2021 frame series i really thought Sony would come gunning but no such luck.... If only Samsung had not ditched DV i would have been enjoying one of theirs at home right now...
I think it would be safe to say the price would be around 1.9 because sticker price of the 65x9000h was 2.09, the X90J would have a similar (or higher) sticker price, and be sold around 2 or maybe 1.9 at the lowest.

I think it would be safe to say the price would be around 1.9 because sticker price of the 65x9000h was 2.09, the X90J would have a similar (or higher) sticker price, and be sold around 2 or maybe 1.9 at the lowest.
I think so too , Once announced it be will obvious the price difference isnt worth it and simple bring home the baby X900H. I'm still set on pulling the trigger by month end... I'm holding back good OTT content for new television :p

I think so too , Once announced it be will obvious the price difference isnt worth it and simple bring home the baby X900H. I'm still set on pulling the trigger by month end... I'm holding back good OTT content for new television :p
Yeah so many shows I had held back for the TV to come. Some of them went off Netflix by the time my TV came :D

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back