Sony 2021 models

The problem is that OLED's look amazing on display in showrooms due to their thinness and the amazing colours. At that price i'd rather get an LG CX than the X9500H.
The only time i've ever bought a Sony TV was in 2019 when the X9000F was on clearance sale. Got the 65" one for 1.35L including extended warranty and 50% off on a soundbar.
This one is 75" to LG's 65" OLEDs. Still you are right!

People are saying here that sony X950H is overpriced.which is true compare to USA where its 2000 USD + taxes.which is around 1.5-1.6L.But do we have any other option under 3lac for 75 inch. Isn't this the cheapest among 75 inch in India? Am i missing something?
The LG UM7600 series had a 75" model for ~ 1.45L (after discounts) back in 2019. Similarly with a Samsung RU/NU/TU 8000 or some series had a 75" for 1.55L (just below the QLED range).
As far as large TV's go, they do the job pretty well.

The LG UM7600 series had a 75" model for ~ 1.45L (after discounts) back in 2019. Similarly with a Samsung RU/NU/TU 8000 or some series had a 75" for 1.55L (just below the QLED range).
As far as large TV's go, they do the job pretty well.
Those are not comparable with sony X950H.I was talking about flagship top of the line TVs with similar specs.

Those are not comparable with sony X950H.I was talking about flagship top of the line TVs with similar specs.
I have seen X950 75" and 8000H 75" side by side in a showroom when the prices were two times apart. Even now it is 1.5 times more and I found very less difference in picture quality. X950 is a flop model. The VA panel's contrast ratio goes to a toss because of the wide angle filter. X9000H unfortunately does not have s 75" variant or else it would have been Sony's flagship in that size!

I have seen X950 75" and 8000H 75" side by side in a showroom when the prices were two times apart. Even now it is 1.5 times more and I found very less difference in picture quality. X950 is a flop model. The VA panel's contrast ratio goes to a toss because of the wide angle filter. X9000H unfortunately does not have s 75" variant or else it would have been Sony's flagship in that size!
How can these 2 tvs have similar PQ?.950H has twice the brightness and thrice the contrast over 8000H.take any parameter be it processor,color gamut,color volume,reflection handling,gradient,motion etc etc.950H is better

Also Wide angle filter is a must for a big 75 inch tv.even Samsung flagship has wide-angle layer.The only feature missing is HDMI 2.1.

How can these 2 tvs have similar PQ?.950H has twice the brightness and thrice the contrast over 8000H.take any parameter be it processor,color gamut,color volume,reflection handling,gradient,motion etc etc.950H is better

Also Wide angle filter is a must for a big 75 inch tv.even Samsung flagship has wide-angle layer.The only feature missing is HDMI 2.1.
Those are stats but I have seen them side by side many times during December 2020 in Sony centre. That's why I am saying. I was not able to see big differences. I have even dropped the idea of going for it after personally checking it out carefully.

Wide area filter is not a must for a big TV as it covers good ground. You see, in theory and in reality there may be a difference. When my 8000H had a panel issue and it was under repair, I was given an option of exchanging it to a brand new X9500H for the difference MRP amount. But I was quoted an additional 2.2 lakhs by Sony and so I went multiple times of the day to see if there was a remarkable difference in PQ - it was nothing big. 9000H was better (blackness near OLED) but in a 65" variant. For black enthusiasts 9500 H is disappointing. I could see the grey lightings even.

Ok back to agenda of bashing Sony India, as you know I am agent of [Insert VFM TV brand]. why do you think they chose not to launch x950h in 55 or 65 in India? Less and less options, more and more ripoff pricing. I never understand what they do and why they do it. This year the lower end models even lost the triiluminous tag and those with it have prohibitory pricing. I mean why would someone pay 85k+ for an IPS panel? So that you can watch it from 178 degrees.. Unless they gold plate components, the pricing and product line up is garbage. Had Samsung supported dolby vision q80t would have beaten even x900h out of the park in most parameters.

. When my 8000H had a panel issue and it was under repair, I was given an option of exchanging it to a brand new X9500H for the difference MRP amount. But I was quoted an additional 2.2 lakhs by Sony and so I went multiple times of the day to see if there was a remarkable difference in PQ - it was nothing big. 9000H was better (blackness near OLED) but in a 65" variant. For black enthusiasts 9500 H is disappointing. I could see the grey lightings even.
Just curious, what happened to your 8000H? was in under warranty when you had an issue with your tv?

Thanks.

Just curious, what happened to your 8000H? was in under warranty when you had an issue with your tv?

Thanks.
Yes it was bought on Nov 2020 and Dec 2020 the TV got bust and panel was replaced. It took a month for them to attend to it. (That was when I went multiple times to Sony center to see if I can replace this to a Sony x950H. )

Just get Mi Q1 man. Enough of paying for overpriced LEDs. I have compared it with q80t, 900h. I find it better. My family always had overpriced SONYs because of DAD was like " Beta Sony best hota hai" , then it failed in 2 years. Don't know about mass produced cheap 40-50 inch MI tv buy this 75 inch version here has come to slaughter.

Attachments

• IMG_20210530_090351.jpg
    IMG_20210530_090351.jpg
    990 KB · Views: 63
sony A9G FOR 2.41 LAKH 65 INCH SUPER OFFER

Thanks for the link , ordered this.
Should be a good upgrade to the current plasma samsung F8500 plasma im using.
Last of the plasma tv's generation my panasonic vt20 died a year ago, the samsung will be moved to the guest bed room, so that we can lock up the guests in a room and not deal with them lol.

Thanks for the link , ordered this.
Should be a good upgrade to the current plasma samsung F8500 plasma im using.
Last of the plasma tv's generation my panasonic vt20 died a year ago, the samsung will be moved to the guest bed room, so that we can lock up the guests in a room and not deal with them lol.
Not trying to bum you but you paid a lot for a 2019 model TV, this tv was launched when LG launched the C9, so this has 2019 oled panel technology. Soon 2021 oled models are coming out over here, which have better reliability & tech.

Cheers.

Last edited:
The audio technology of A9G is good. Other things are ordinary. PQ maybe better slightly as the X1 ultimate powers it. Master series in Sony. Still is expensive. Needs to be in 2.1 lakhs zone.

I was specifically interested in the Netflix calibration mode and the good sound due to kids and family. PQ should be acceptable.
I will eventually buy another one with an xbox series x, will wait for the 2021 models with hdmi 2.1

Its criminal of sony to charge 2.41L for a 2 year old tv.Now I am sure A90J will be more than 3L.

So now we will have choice either buy 65 A90J at diwali or 2 LG C1 65 or LG G1 65 and Xbox Series X and PS5 and some games for that price

Its criminal of sony to charge 2.41L for a 2 year old tv.Now I am sure A90J will be more than 3L.

So now we will have choice either buy 65 A90J at diwali or 2 LG C1 65 or LG G1 65 and Xbox Series X and PS5 and some games for that price
A few months ago Sony A8G 65 with X1 extreme processor was priced at 2.08 lakhs online only. Paul Joseph, a forumer and a buddy of mine could even have guided and assisted me buy it under 2 lakhs with the no cost emi option trick and foreclosing maneuver that he has demonstrated to this forum, thereby almost equalling the 1.92 lakhs deal I got with this LG CX of mine. But the bad experience with Sony 8000H made me want to try LG.(hdmi2.1 notwithstanding) This A9G 65" will come down to 2.08 lakhs in a few months at shopatsc if history repeats itself. But around March next year. In same parallels LG C1 would get real affordable during Diwali.

i am guessing a90j will be minimum 3.5 lakh or realistically 4 lakh.

I went in for the master series hype and made the choice of good sound and one touch netflix calibration mode for the family, since anyway no pro calibrator in india i guess.

The 2020 model is supposed to be brighter with better motion some new processing technology im hoping its a sacrifice i can live with.

i am guessing a90j will be minimum 3.5 lakh or realistically 4 lakh.

I went in for the master series hype and made the choice of good sound and one touch netflix calibration mode for the family, since anyway no pro calibrator in india i guess.

The 2020 model is supposed to be brighter with better motion some new processing technology im hoping its a sacrifice i can live with.
Well congrats on your tv.Its a very good tv,just that's its way overpriced.A90J is slightly better than this.But honestly this tv is also excellent you will not miss much.

This tv(A9G) had issues with playing Dolby vision in the past.Since it seem Netflix is Important to you and most of the HDR catalogue is in DV.I don't know if sony has fixed it via firmware update.You might want to check that

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back