Sony 40W550A vs Samsung 40B650

Have no experience purchasing anything from 'grey market'. To start with do not even know where to find one since currently new to the city. Moreover even if grey market is identified, with no prior experience or word of mouth recommendation, it would be hard to pay that kind of amount to a store that is totally 'new' with no guarantee. Just do not get that comfort level.

Not to mention the anxiety factor associated with investing such a high amount and what if it give problems? At least when purchase is made from stores like Reliance Digital, Ezone, Croma etc. one can have the option of 'exchange' if the piece really is faulty. Agree? So the difference in amount between grey market and a official retailer is the 'insurance' amount that one pays. This is just my thought of course, considering many on this forum have successfully purchased LCDs in grey market at lower prices.

well like i said the risk factor is there but on the bright side in grey market u can check which panel the tv has and also check for dead pixels and backlight bleed before u buy,where as in showrooms they go by the manfactuers norm for dead pixel and backlight bleed,in there terms and conditions.
some models are just worth buying in the grey market,like the sony Z450A priced at around 90k its a whopping 50k cheaper then showroom.the sound quality of this is also just far better then all other sony models equivalent to X series and every other samsung,panasonic,sharp,philips models.
i have personaly helped by more then 20 lcds for my friends and relatives from the grey market ,none has had any problem whats so ever.sony lcds especialy sell like hot cakes in grey market due to huge difference in price and are always in ready stock and in different colors .
neverthless u can't go wrong with samsung either considering its cheaper.

which shop in sukhsagar mall did you buy your tvs from. How do you check for dead pixels and the type of the panel?

well the one towards the left,ground floor,a shop owned by a person called manish.

checking dead pixels is easy,u will need to play individual images consisting of red,green,blue,white,black either by using a laptop or dvd player with jpeg image in cd/dvd/usb.

Hi Adder,

What would be the approx price of the Sony 40W550A in the grey mkt?

Regards

Sumain

Last edited:
Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back