Sony 900/950 or Samsung 7500/8000 or LG 6910/6620 Series

this was posted by MR. shaiju of plasma with nikon dslr
DSC01662.JPG

see the colors dull ..

so never go for plasma in this life ..

u judge daily sony w950 and samsung f7500
both have pros and cons ..both are gud

:lol::lol:

Some pioneer kuro screen shots plasma screenshots posted by a french gent in AVS. (this is a 4 year old TV)

This is from DVD BTW
[/QUOTE]

dont buy 7500 bcoz it has steel plate design ..looks like eating steel plate

.. only compare w950 and f8000 .. go buy avatar bluray disc .. play in both .. see picture quality and 3d and sound .. then take ur liked tv

:lol::lol: :lol::lol: :lol::lol: your English and suggestion of reference HD material is mind blowing. :lol::lol:

Last edited:
Also, any feedback about 46HX850 (last year's model) compared to W950?
One store told me they have a last set in their stock (not demo piece as per their claim) and this seems little cheaper than W950.

cons in this model??

i cant think of any .. no clouding .. black levels superbly great even when all lights switched off..

First, lets talk ANSI measurements with a 44 checkerboard pattern. With [LED Dynamic Control] disabled, black level came in at 0.049 cd/m2:lol:

as well as caused fairly obvious haloing effect around the pause icon, since the number of dimmable zones is significantly less than the number of pixels on the Bravia W905A.

As with most dimming technologies, we spotted some faint brightness fluctuations in near-black areas

What does it all mean? Strange as it may sound, the pseudo-local dimming (we use this phrase to differentiate it from true, physical local dimming found on full-array LED televisions like the Sony HX950 and the Samsung S9) on the Sony KDL-55W905A was less effective than that on its predecessor the HX853/HX850, simply because the native unassisted black level was better on the W9.

Perhaps the biggest flaw on the Sony KDL55W905A we tested was its restricted viewing angle

Sony KDL55W905A Performance

colors do change on W950 when viewed from sides.. but thats normal on all panels except IPS .. i view straight ..so i dont bother

Finally, I could manage to go to the shop I heard gives the best deal in Bangalore. He offered me 46W950A @1.23L. But he said, if I could wait for ~10 days, the prices will come down further as Sony will launch new model sometime in Feb. Anyone have any idea about this?
Also, he confused me a bit saying 47W850A is selling more than 46W950A. If I ignore active vs passive aspect for 3D, how does these 2 models compare?

... But he said, if I could wait for ~10 days, the prices will come down further as Sony will launch new model sometime in Feb. Anyone have any idea about this?
is this really true? coz i have decided on 46W950A and wanted to close the deal ASAP. but after reading this post i am having to rethink on this. Would someone be able to confirm or is this just a rumour?

is this really true? coz i have decided on 46W950A and wanted to close the deal ASAP. but after reading this post i am having to rethink on this. Would someone be able to confirm or is this just a rumour?

IMO i don't think Sony would drastically decrease the prizes of its tv anyway.If you really like the tv you should go for it.Otherwise wait for 2014 models and buy them.

Yes i have heard it too.. they are coming real quick. Its definitely worth waiting for 2014 Models.

Last edited:
Thanks for confirming. The dealer that I went to told me to wait for 7-10 days. And I'm ready for another month - I can check the new model or buy the current model at lower price (even though MRP may not go down by much, the dealers can offer better discount).

I'm also planning to buy a 46 - 47 in 3D LED, since I'm in Gurgaon, I went to the reliance store to check some models out.

The first day I saw the LG 47", it was for 1lac and was getting a NFC remote, BluRay player and a tiltable stand for free, along with a 5% employee discount, at this point I wasn't very sure of the technicalities to look into before buying a TV. Then some friends told be look into the refresh rate, color depth, contrast etc.

Then on the second day I went to the same store but saw the W950a sony with monolithic screen which they claim to be anti-glare screen and one of a kind. The price quoted here is 1,32,000, the deal is I'm getting a NFC remote 3k, Playstation PS3 of 17k, 4 Active 3d viewing glasses worth 8k for free, the deal they say is till Jan end only. So only have a day to decide, please help me out with this decision, looking at the displays comparing it with other Brands I found W950 to be really impressive but at the same time, expensive.

Reading this forums it seems this TV is also available for 1,20k odd, wanted to know if the deal I'm getting is worth it.

Need help!!

I'm also planning to buy a 46 - 47 in 3D LED, since I'm in Gurgaon, I went to the reliance store to check some models out.

Reading this forums it seems this TV is also available for 1,20k odd, wanted to know if the deal I'm getting is worth it.

Need help!!

The 120k deal i mentioned above is without the ps3 coz i have already purchased a ps4. I think you need to try other stores as well for the pricing but you will have to bargain real hard to cut the pricing as dealers generally don't cut the price for sony products!

@indiancomet

Not sure about exact time frame but sure it will be within a month..
However i strongly recommend to take another 15 - 20 days time after its release this way you get to know its pros and cons.

Not all models will launch on same day from same brand.. so may need to ask salesman if there are any other models coming soon from same brand (SONY OR LG, etc) Sometimes salesman lie coz their job is to sell.. confirm same with other showroom's as well.

Finally make a wise buy.. all the best :)

I plan to probe the dealer in the coming weekend. But I feel since the dealer himself told me about launch of new model, it's worth waiting till Feb end. If you refer CES details, sound of new model will be better. Also, if Sony wants to cash in on FIFA WC fever, they have to launch by March so that sales can accelerate by April/May.

Thank you shrey7. I asked couple of dealers around here and all of them denied any new models being launched by sony in feb!

I heard few SONY Models are already launched in US & other countries.. :licklips:
If not in Feb by March we should see new models.. visit 3-4 showrooms and ask salesman about new models.

Please note: A salesman from chroma store told me about Sony's new models.. if he is wrong then i could be wrong too. :sad:
However this news seems to be genuine as SONY announced new lineup in CES 2014 followed by their new models launch in USA.

Last edited:
I heard few SONY Models are already launched in US & other countries.. :licklips:
If not in Feb by March we should see new models.. visit 3-4 showrooms and ask salesman about new models.

Please note: A salesman from chroma store told me about Sony's new models.. if he is wrong then i could be wrong too. :sad:
However this news seems to be genuine as SONY announced new lineup in CES 2014 followed by their new models launch in USA.

Sony has cut down the price of this model. Once the stock exhausts, they'll introduce the new model - may be by March end or April beginning.

Booked 46" W950 yesterday @97k (without PS3). I forgot to buy extended warranty. I'll buy it today.
Do we need any voltage stabilizer? And which blue ray player is good?

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back