Sony Android TV Series

In Pune i dont see its released in stores yet. 800C available on flipkart for 56.5K. Sow add on quicker for 950C. Location Hyderabad, is sealed pc anyone want to buy. Seller selling it for 68K. Please ensure before buying if its genuine :)

A thought came to my mind regarding Android TVs. Today if we buy an Android TV, it will be either KitKat or Lollipop version. But as we all know every 6 months or so there is a new Android version. While TVs we use for 5 years atleast.

So I was thinking, what about upgradability. After a couple of years, KitKat/Lollipop will be unsupported, what then?

A thought came to my mind regarding Android TVs. Today if we buy an Android TV, it will be either KitKat or Lollipop version. But as we all know every 6 months or so there is a new Android version. While TVs we use for 5 years atleast.

So I was thinking, what about upgradability. After a couple of years, KitKat/Lollipop will be unsupported, what then?

@ Moshel Android TV is android tv platform. Its not the same android what you use on smartphones/tablets. So the manufacturer should provide you updates when there will be updates available on android tv platform. Please check below links.

https://www.android.com/tv/

https://developer.android.com/tv/index.html

please correct me if am wrong :)

But to be honest SONY is not doing in that way. Even if you look at your SONY Android mobile you will be restricted to some version.

We have to make sure before we buy this telivision because the entire TV has SONY Android OS which is including icons and options. Not the base android from google.

Check it once and then buy.

In my opinion getting a good picture quality TV + Android TV stick (now a days I think it comes within 1k) is the way to go if somebody is interested to go for android TVs as mostly the Sony will be just embedding the Android OS in-built and selling at a premium saying Android compatible TVs.

In my opinion getting a good picture quality TV + Android TV stick (now a days I think it comes within 1k) is the way to go if somebody is interested to go for android TVs as mostly the Sony will be just embedding the Android OS in-built and selling at a premium saying Android compatible TVs.

Android TV and chromecast(Android TV Stick) are two different things. Android TV is project from android and i believe that it needs to mature more. This sony tvs are first generation of Android TV platform. I always think Sony brand is overpriced for its range of products. But at the same time "what you get is what you pay for" :)

Android TV and chromecast(Android TV Stick) are two different things. Android TV is project from android and i believe that it needs to mature more. This sony tvs are first generation of Android TV platform. I always think Sony brand is overpriced for its range of products. But at the same time "what you get is what you pay for" :)

I don't think he is talking about chromecast. More of android mini pc for TV like MK808 B+ etc.
Though its about 3-4k and not 1k. Where you got it in 1k @manniraj ?

I would always prefer that TV and Andriod/smart features were in separate units. I am not against smart TV etc, however, when both the units are separate, it is easier to upgrade Andriod/smart units when need be than when they are together.

QES5Rkt.png

QOyCrNJ.png

look at the import price of these TV and the price at which they are sold to us

I don't think he is talking about chromecast. More of android mini pc for TV like MK808 B+ etc.
Though its about 3-4k and not 1k. Where you got it in 1k @manniraj ?

I was talking about Android based sticks that are sold online most I think are Chinese stuff which normally come around 1K I presume.

Got Sony 43W950C yesterday. I will post the pics soon. Wall mounting still remaining. First impression is very good.

Got Sony 43W950C yesterday. I will post the pics soon. Wall mounting still remaining. First impression is very good.

Congrats for your purchase. I am almost zeroed on this . however i do not see how will be the table top stand for this. Could you please post how the table top looks in case you have any. Also i was given quote of 76500/- for this in hyderabad. Also please let me know for what price you bought this for.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back