Sony BDP S5100

BDP S 5100 takes more than 10 minutes to get to the home screen. In some discs it is forever stuck on "Wait".

you must have enabled the network mode....so it waits till it finds network connection, initial load etc... switch it off in the main options.... i dont remember the exact menu steps .. will post it sometime later...

The disc wait has not happened with me till date...... may be it's worth while to reload the firmware...

Are you on the latest firmware, i got mine 3 months back and post that it has got 2 firmware updates.

bravianfan2013...

you should upgrade the firmware and do a factory reset once just to be sure it's not a h/w issue....if it's still under warranty should get it replaced....

Does this player support Miracast or screen mirroring from smartphones through Wi-Fi?

Not sure of miracast but i use youtube for playing videos from the mobile through BD Player all the time... it works perfectly fine... i had tried same thing using samsung DLNA but lags sometimes or buffers ......direct youtube works excellent...

My player is in Sony service center, some issue with the mechanism, first time put a disk which i got from Amazon and it got stuck, in trying to get it out the player got messed up.
Repair estimate is 1.9k out of which Rs 575 are service charges. They need to order some mechanism for the blu ray drive, it will take 2 weeks to fix the same.

So no Netflix for the time being for me, waiting for my player to get fixed.They are giving 3 months warranty post repair on the part fixed.

As far as I am concerned, buying the region A BDP S 5100 from sony.com was a mistake. The does not play the region A discs in India. Sony service Center does not help. Buyers beware.

Well, always buy multiregion disc, this way no need to worry for region. I ordered one from Amazon that was for both A,B & C. Do they sell region A disc in India. I though mostly in US you would get them.

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back