Sony Bravia 40BX400 and Panasonic TXP42X20B

shadows83

Hi,
I am looking to purchase a 40-42 inch TV and was going through Ebay and found two deals:

1. Sony Bravia 40BX400 - 35K (Vat extra, approx 3.5K)
2. Panasonic TXP42X20B - 41K (not released in India)

I am leaning towards Sony as it is Full HD and LCD, but I am not able to find any review for this system.
Both TV comes with dealer warranty (grey market). Is Sony good buy or should I look for other TV's in the market as this is last year's model.

Thanks for the help.

Gaurav M.

Hi,
I am looking to purchase a 40-42 inch TV and was going through Ebay and found two deals:

1. Sony Bravia 40BX400 - 35K (Vat extra, approx 3.5K)
2. Panasonic TXP42X20B - 41K (not released in India)

I am leaning towards Sony as it is Full HD and LCD, but I am not able to find any review for this system.
Both TV comes with dealer warranty (grey market). Is Sony good buy or should I look for other TV's in the market as this is last year's model.

Thanks for the help.

Gaurav M.

Check out Toshiba Regza 40 AV700E in ezone.

It's cost is Rs35,990..

The panasonic model which u r referring to is a panasonic UK version equivalent to India panasonic TH-P42X20D. If u wanted to buy it then buy from local stores.. Where it is available around 36000-38000; with panasonic india 3 years warranty ! Its a great VFM. also same is available on ezone(future bazaar) website for online purchase for 35990 with free shipping and octroi if charged will be paid by then only!

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

You can get BX400 around 30K (don't bother about this VAT thing on a Grey product, dealer wont pay to the Government). Its a good TV with decent PQ. However, don't expect much in terms of USB playback (no HD/MPEG4 movie playback). Also, number of HDMI ports is limited to 2 only (you may not bother if you own a HDMI capable AVR).

Hi,
Thanks for all the info.
I am planning to setup TV + HTPC with a budget of around 80K. Should I go for Full HD as I will watch a lot of movies or Panasonic Plasma will suffice (720p).
I think 2 HDMI will suffice as I dont have any gaming console and whatever game I will play, I will play it through PC (which will connect via HDMI).

I am also planning to buy a 5.1 speaker set (may be sony) but should I connect it to HTPC (requrie sound card?) or directly to TV (any dependencies which I should look out for).

Thanks for the help. Greatly appreciate it.

Regards,
Gaurav M.

Don't buy the BX series get the EX400, that Panasonic plasma is HD ready so it does not make sense to buy a HD ready tv in 2011.

Don't buy the BX series get the EX400, that Panasonic plasma is HD ready so it does not make sense to buy a HD ready tv in 2011.

Hey,
I think only difference between those two is that EX has 4 HDMI ports and no FM. Other than that everything is same and EX is much costlier (7-8K).
Anything I am missing here?

Thanks
Gaurav M.

why not BX ?, i guess EX only has usb and BX doesn't but both t.vs are same?. Please correct me if i am wrong.

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back