Sony Bravia KDL EX650 Vs Samsung UA40ES56

Status
Not open for further replies.
You are repeating you same old story in spite of several links being posted here to prove IPS panel advantage, IPS as a panel not only has better viewing angles it has better panel level or pixel level brightness and color accuracy compared to any VA panel on earth.
Well all i have to say is the same thing as i said before for tv type panels ,the only SIGNIFICANT advantage IPS panels offer are viewing angles.
as for Brightness all i can say is :lol: ,color accuracy of VA panels are good,for eg look at the reviews of sharp elite,or other VA based high end tvs .

Sure, again you are staring to twist the story, when i spoke about LCD as an over all package you speak of their pixel level performance(real panel level) and when i say all LCD panels perform very bad at pixel level you starting posting about the over all LCD TV :clapping:

Sure some Samsung plasma's have inferior blacks compared to Panasonic(which can made improved by opening up the service menu and lowering panel brightness value) but these measurements are at pixel level(both Samsung and Panasonic are measured the same way because both have no back lighting), but the measurement on VA panels are not at pixel level because there is a back light helping the panel in the background, so to get real pixel level measurements either the number of checks have to be drastically increased and the back light should be turned to min while measuring contrast using the check board pattern, when this happens even the worst plasma on sale today will show the boot to any VA panel on the planet because the back zones will have mediocre results and so will the whites(both blacks and whites will go for a toss).

I have no idea what you talking about. i replied to every point.Where did i twist the story.please point it out.You brought plasma into the picture and i responded to it.

There is no meter that can take measurement of a individual pixel,so the measurement are taken from a couple of pixels be it a plasma or lcd.

In a non local dimming lcd if the reviewer calibrates to the same brightness as every other tv,then the brightness will be the same on all content whether its a displaying full white image(except plasmas) or check board pattern.They will have to lower the backlight to their preferred brightness setting to around 120 to 200cd/m2 which is brightness range of most review sites(except television info). The VA panels blacks are only inferior to high end panasonic VT,ST plasmas at pixel level.But compared to the lg and samsung plasmas,you can refer my earlier post.

Stop jumping from Panel level and pixel level into over all LCD TV performance while replying just to force your point.Stick to one proper statement, if you say pixel level the both panels will fail, if you speak in terms of overall TV level then pixel level argument is moot because all modern television these days use different kind of advanced back lighting.
Did you read my posts again its is crystal clear reply to your post.
You said the below
longshack said:
On pixel level Both IPS and VA has inferior blacks, i am not sure why people fail to read my post completely, i will repeat this again, without back lighting and any kind of processing all LCD panels will have laughable blacks,motion resolution,contrast compared to Plasma,OLED or CRT.
To which i replied
adder said:
Both panels IPS and VA have inferior blacks compared to the BEST panasonic plasmas today in pixel level.All plasma LG,samsung,panasonic have the edge over IPS panels in blacks .

But NOT all plasma have the edge in blacks vs VA based lcd tvs.Only the panasonic ST,VT have the edge.Samsung plasmas for the most part have the same blacks level,since their black level vary from model to model size to size.
Some models have inferior blacks and some models also have slightly Superior blacks to their own samsung non local dimming lcds.

At one point plasma also had laughable blacks and motion..

Sure, just like how people buy Sony for namesake or even Samsung for that matter, they buy for the happiness of telling everyone that they own an LED TV(like it's some advanced gadget),they forget its just an LCD which now marketed as LED and this false marketing was first started by Samsung.
There will definetly be people buying for namesake.But there are a whole lot of other people who buys tvs trusting their eyes.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back