Sony Bravia KDL EX650 Vs Samsung UA40ES56

Status
Not open for further replies.

nandik

Hi Friends i am planning to buy a TV among these two models .............please suggest me the best TV among

Sony Bravia KDL-40EX650 : Sony BRAVIA 40 inches Full HD LED KDL-40EX650 Television | Television | Flipkart.com
and
Samsung UA40ES56R : Samsung 40ES5600 LED 40 inches Full HD Television | Television | Flipkart.com

From the research that i had done SONY has very good picture quality

But in which TV audio quality will be good??

More over with Samsung TV we are getting wifi dongle and skype camera along with the TV with just 2000 rupees more than Sony model

Please some one help me out......... so confused :confused:

There is nothing to be confused about. Go with the tv that got superior pic quality.

I see you are in bangalore, why dont you go to showrooms and check it yourself, dont buy any tv without a demo.

Don't look for quality audio in LED TVs. I have the sony and the audio quality is nothing to write about. Just added Boston TVee 30 soundbar for audio and that is a big improvement.

Point is that as op mentioned, buy TV based on pic quality and other factors such as internet options etc and look to augment audio quality through separate additions.

I already had a look at them........
I am confused regarding audio.... some how i felt like samsung is giving better audio compared to sony
Sony better picture quality and samsung better audio output.... so unable to decide between both
One more question is which one will be good in terms of durability????

Durablity you cant predict even for the same product in different boxes, so no use of comparing durablilty of these two different products, better go for sony then cheap extended warranty at 3000 for +2yrs, so total 3 yrs warranty.

I don't know whether my jumping to this thread makes any point or not but I would suggest you to go for LG.
I bought a 55" LM8600 from LG few days back and till date this Tv has been performing too good with. I got a demo of Sony and Samsung as well before getting LG but at the end It was LG only.
Either it be the light weighted 3D passive glasses or the excellent design, LG always has a edge over its competitors.
http://www.hifivision.com/television/28888-3d-tv-recommendation-13.html
Here is the link of my 3D TV.

One of my friends just told me that X-Reality engine of sony will make standard definition look better compared to others........ is it true?? If that is the case i will go with sony........... can some one please confirm on this

Yes the X-Reality Engine does a good job of processing SD content.

@Indian11

I don't see how a TV with poor blacks, poor contrast, poor motion should be preferred. This year's LG lineup does not compete on PQ basis with even Samsung, let alone Sony.

Yes the X-Reality Engine does a good job of processing SD content.

@Indian11

I don't see how a TV with poor blacks, poor contrast, poor motion should be preferred. This year's LG lineup does not compete on PQ basis with even Samsung, let alone Sony.

I too don't know come you say anything about a product unless and until you have tested it from your side.
Before getting my 3D TV, I had taken a demo of each and every brand but It was LG only that came out to standing tall in every aspect.
Coming to the poor blacks and contrast, can you let me a example of this.
The contrast ratio of LG has been said to be the best one among all 3D TVs and If you are talking about, No doubt Samsung produces good LED TVs.

Last edited:
I have demoed all LG sets myself and obviously I wouldn't make such a statement if I haven't seen LG tvs. Can you provide me any link where its mentioned LG tvs have good contrast??

IPS panels have poor blacks and contrast and that is a fact. And its not LG's fault either but limitation of IPS technology.

I dont know about you but I just find it horrible looking at light grey blacks in a TV even under good lighting.

This is why even LG flagship tv with local dimming- LM9600 has blacks similar to laptops/smartphone/desktop monitors and not plasmas/SPVA panel LED sets

Most, if not all LG tvs have around or below 1000:1 contrast ratio compared to 5000:1 or higher in tvs like HX850/ST50/ and 2500:1 in tvs like EX650/HX750/samsung ES8000/ES7000 etc

P.S. The above applies to all other IPS panel tvs, not just LG. Panasonic IPS led also have same black and contrast ratio performance as LG.

Sent from my Sony Xperia S using Tapatalk

Last edited:
thats true....even expensive Lg tvs dont stand a chance regarding picture quality in front of mid end sony...may be black,may be colour whatever.
black level is clearly visible in space scenes...side by side..sony cleaer winner,...Lg has very good markating anyway...

anyway a view to a tv panel or whatever is completly personal.....some may like this better,some that..

Actually the second sentence says a lot about what you think of Sony vs Samsung!

As far as the particular LG TV model that indian11 mentions - LG LM8600 - I have had a chance to see it for myself in a friend's office in Delhi - they have bought the same 55 inch screen version for office (it is an ad agency - so they must have some use for a 3D TV in office!). I did not see any of the shortcomings that you mention here - I was in fact quite impressed with the TV.

I can understand your subjective assessment of black levels and contrast levels, but pray tell me how do you judge poor motion in a TV?

I have demoed all LG sets myself and obviously I wouldn't make such a statement if I haven't seen LG tvs. Can you provide me any link where its mentioned LG tvs have good contrast??

IPS panels have poor blacks and contrast and that is a fact. And its not LG's fault either but limitation of IPS technology.

I dont know about you but I just find it horrible looking at light grey blacks in a TV even under good lighting.

This is why even LG flagship tv with local dimming- LM9600 has blacks similar to laptops/smartphone/desktop monitors and not plasmas/SPVA panel LED sets

Most, if not all LG tvs have around or below 1000:1 contrast ratio compared to 5000:1 or higher in tvs like HX850/ST50/ and 2500:1 in tvs like EX650/HX750/samsung ES8000/ES7000 etc

Why is IPS the Preferred Choice of Panel?
What Are the Advantages of an IPS Panel on a TV? | eHow.com

Have a look at these URL and check out the positive sides of IPS panel.
To be frank enough, You are the first one who is not having good thought about the IPS Panel.

See as prosenjit said, you may not have a problem with the contrast of IPS tvs but that doesn't mean that what I am saying is wrong and what all review sites are saying is wrong. There is a reason why LG sets are getting poor reviews across the board this year and that is due to the IPS drawbacks

And Indian11, kind request - Do not post biased article links to prove your point. You should go and read professional reviews of your tv and other LG tvs to understand what I am saying

Peace!

Last edited:
well lets make peace in this forum....
my simple process to judge a panel.
watch a hollywood movie in morning show......then go to showroom and trying to recapture that inky blacks and color pallate.....
whoever comes most close.......wins.

well thats my method...not necceassary it will be liked by all.

Actually the second sentence says a lot about what you think of Sony vs Samsung!

As far as the particular LG TV model that indian11 mentions - LG LM8600 - I have had a chance to see it for myself in a friend's office in Delhi - they have bought the same 55 inch screen version for office (it is an ad agency - so they must have some use for a 3D TV in office!). I did not see any of the shortcomings that you mention here - I was in fact quite impressed with the TV.

I can understand your subjective assessment of black levels and contrast levels, but pray tell me how do you judge poor motion in a TV?

may i ask what stuff and from what device did you watch??also any 55 panel any make any brand without side by side compare is good enough to look at....side by side comapre is the method

poor motion can be easily judged.
.I am giving you exact scene...
the world is not enough boat chasing sequence.....
die another day starting hovercraft action seqence..

there are many many....apart from those......

Last edited:
Why is IPS the Preferred Choice of Panel?
What Are the Advantages of an IPS Panel on a TV? | eHow.com

Have a look at these URL and check out the positive sides of IPS panel.
To be frank enough, You are the first one who is not having good thought about the IPS Panel.

IPS panels are good for monitors,but for tv purpose the contrast ratio is the primary criteria higher the contrast better the depth in the image.

Even Sony's own 42EX410 which has a IPS panel has poor contrast with a blueish blacks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back