Sony Bravia KDL40EX650 please solve this for me people!!

hdwaghela

Hello people, I am looking to buy new Sony LED KDL40EX650, the MRP of that product is about Rs. 68,000 and from a Sony dealer I could get that at Rs. 64,000. And I was looking on eBay and I found that there are few sellers from New Delhi, faridabad, Gurgaon, and Kolkata they are selling same model for Rs.51,200.

I was wondering why is this product so cheap if it's brand new and boxed pack. I called one of the seller in Kolkata he says the product are absolutely brand new, not faulty or refurbished or no cosmetic damage or its not even the display product. I asked them why is it so cheap then??

I was advised from them that they get the product I imported from other country and they get it really cheap there so they can afford to sell them at lower price now should I believe what they say and could I trust them and order one from them people??

Please let me know if you have any idea what could the the case or anything you have experienced yourself thanks a lot people.

Pls buy any product from authorized dealer only and check with sony if extended 2 yrs warranty is available for a purchase from ebay or not.

Those are gray market items and you won't get official warranty if you buy from ebay. Usually the ebay sellers give a seller warranty of one year, but it is of not much use in my opinion. So ensure that the ebay seller is giving dealer warranty or sony official warranty.

Last edited:
Hello people, I am looking to buy new Sony LED KDL40EX650, the MRP of that product is about Rs. 68,000 and from a Sony dealer I could get that at Rs. 64,000. And I was looking on eBay and I found that there are few sellers from New Delhi, faridabad, Gurgaon, and Kolkata they are selling same model for Rs.51,200.

I was wondering why is this product so cheap if it's brand new and boxed pack. I called one of the seller in Kolkata he says the product are absolutely brand new, not faulty or refurbished or no cosmetic damage or its not even the display product. I asked them why is it so cheap then??

I was advised from them that they get the product I imported from other country and they get it really cheap there so they can afford to sell them at lower price now should I believe what they say and could I trust them and order one from them people??

Please let me know if you have any idea what could the the case or anything you have experienced yourself thanks a lot people.
eBay listing may be unofficial/gray market items as stated above. For a large and costly item such as TV, it is better to pay more and buy peace of mind.

BTW, I lived in Porbandar during my childhood. My father was working for Saurashtra Chemicals and we stayed in Birla Colony.

Imported and smuggled TVs from SE Asia are bing sold in the market. Sony is ridiculously strict with all their vendors, and even if you get the TV for 64000, you will in all probability get a receipt for 64500. The extended warranty is for about 3K extra. Sony products are good and reliable. You decide on how you want to gamble on the 51K versus 67K... and like another reader mentioned, peace of mind.

yah on sony I never saw a manufacture warranty in e bay india.but otrher tvs U can buy in e bay...if provided with manufacturte warranty.

no no its a wrong concept that they are all grey market item.a seller in ur city can sell the same item at less price online.he the same person will charge more on his showroom.simple,there is no extra cost like retail shops in online.like salary,room cost..etc etc..
and in a tv the profit margin is huge...
but I am not saying gray items do not exist in e bay india.
online shoppping e bay are all original and brand new items..I am a reguler.belive me.but yes pls check for manufacture warranty and ask the same brand customer care about detail..that I am going to buy it online will I be entitled for warranty or not etc etc..if all goes fine..why not save 10 k rupees??plus sometimes on e bay coupon u can save 10% more..which is alsoa good amount...

there are some simple rules..check feedback score...ask the seller directly is it a gray or not..finally again saying if its a sony buy from showroom and get extended warranty.

Back