Sony EX500 Series Owner's Forum

thekinge

Hi all,

I just purchased a Sony KLV-46EX500 for my living room. Since I could not find a owner's forum in here, I decided to start one.

A little bit unfortunate that I have to start with a an issue thats annoying me: While I am happy with the output quality from HD video sources like Blu-ray, I am not happy with the Dish TV video output. Most of the dish TV channels are grainy and pixelated. Though I know that SD video will not look very good on HDTV, I am wondering if there is any setting that I can change to make it less grainy and pixelated. Please let me know. FYI my Dish TV STB has only RCA output and does not even support component.

Also has anyone who owns this calibrated it fully? Can you please post the calibration settings?

congrats on ur purchase.
well in general dish tv has the worst output compared to all other DTH players,so if u want SD to be better u need to go for DTH like big tv or even tata sky which comes with newer black STB.

again ur tv settings better to switch off Mpeg noise reduction and other noise filters,u can also bump the sharpness upto 10 not more for sony lcd tvs in general.
also increasing the backlight will only cause the pixelation to be visible much more easily,usualy lowest backlight setting is more then inuff ,except if your room is really bright.

lastly if you are upgrading from a crt to a FHD tv ,you need some time to gets used to the SD capabilty of a FHD tv.also adjust ur viewing distance accordingly for SD content no harm done in increasing ur viewing distance.

Thanks adder,

I live in Dubai so I do not have much choices w.r.t DTH connections. Don't ask me how I got Dish;)

I am playing around with the settings and reducing the sharpness and disabling noise filters seems to improve the picture quality. I will post my calibration settings once I am done and happy with it.

theKinge, Congrats on your purchase. :clapping: Hope you are having good time viewing the content.
Could you please post some screenshot of the tv with blu-ray or DTH and your experience with TV.
I am thinking of 40ex500 but still looking for options. :rolleyes:

theKinge, Congrats on your purchase. :clapping: Hope you are having good time viewing the content.
Could you please post some screenshot of the tv with blu-ray or DTH and your experience with TV.
I am thinking of 40ex500 but still looking for options. :rolleyes:

Thanks pungan. I almost forgot about this thread I started. Thanks for bringing it back to life:) I will try to take some pictures this weekend (friday / saturday) and post it

I also bought last week. Can anyone post Calibration Settings.

Also want to know is there any way, we can play DivX and other format Videos from USB ?

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back