Sony Fh7-MkII (restoration)

madman29

Yesterday I came across an old dirty Fh7 in Calcutta and got it for free (for the time being). The deal is 'if it works, I'll pay' :)
Right now the power supply unit works and the cassette deck lights on though belts are out of order as it does not play.
The amp is yet to be checked.
The tuner turns on though the bluegreen backlighting is off.
Will post pics asap.
It will be a dream come true if it works:yahoo: I intend to use the tuner mostly and an amp for my collection in my mobile phone.:eek:hyeah:

I got it from a friend of mine.:) But the amp needs repair. One of the stk4026 is not working. Part of the faceplate on the tuner is missing(right side around the selector switches).
Other components are working fine. I am looking for another fh7 dead or running(so I can cannibalise) to fix mine.
If any FM in Calcutta come across one please PM me.
Thanks.
Pics coming soon.

P.S. As the set does not come with a speaker I guess it will find a nice friend in my restored 'Tess' three way speakers which I restored a few months back. One can find that restoration project here--
http://www.hifivision.com/speakers/50655-can-you-identify-those.html

Last edited:
After the faulty STK IC was changed by Ashok Da yesterday we attached the amp and power module to a desktop comp and played a couple of songs. Speakers used were old Sonodyne Uranus two-ways. The sound was bass heavy and had to cut the bass eq to 0 to get a even tone ;)
Though power output was ample and on full volume drove to sonodynes to distortion.
These amps need the eq badly :rolleyes:
The unit is still to be cleaned from outside and the missing part of the faceplate to be stuck. The tuner is being look into right now. Guess I have to forget about the cassette deck as it is too much work and nothing to play on it. Will post more pic after cleaning.

Attachments

• SONY.jpg
    SONY.jpg
    20.3 KB · Views: 75
After the faulty STK IC was changed by Ashok Da yesterday we attached the amp and power module to a desktop comp and played a couple of songs. Speakers used were old Sonodyne Uranus two-ways. The sound was bass heavy and had to cut the bass eq to 0 to get a even tone ;)
Though power output was ample and on full volume drove to sonodynes to distortion.
These amps need the eq badly :rolleyes:
The unit is still to be cleaned from outside and the missing part of the faceplate to be stuck. The tuner is being look into right now. Guess I have to forget about the cassette deck as it is too much work and nothing to play on it. Will post more pic after cleaning.

Hi madman
I got same model few days back in good condition. Since you have done lot of study of same model, I want to know below information:
1. It is MKII series. MKII does mean high grade series?
2. How to store FM station pre-sets?
3. There is battery compartment behing tuner, what is use of it?
4. You said it is bass heavy, but mine is bass neutral..... any thoughts on this?
5. slider buttons are little tight. how to clean those?
Thanks

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back