Sony HD Radio Tuner XDR-F1HD?

madbullram

I know this player has a reputation, but the HD is of now use for us now, but just wanted to know how it is for FM compared to classic Sansui/Pio/Kenwood radios.

A thrift store near by has one for sale for 60$ so seriously thinking of it

gr8. For this reason only, I can join a company that gives me US trips :)
Actually - I asked a friend to buy a cartridge/LP brush for me and he is not yet able to ship it to me :(

Ram - I've got this tuner hooked up to my Denon AVR-1609, both recently purchased from the US. Got this to supplement the lacking FM frequencies of the receiver's in-built tuner (US spec'd receiver as you might know already tune into odd freq. only).

In my back to back assessment of the same FM stations I found the Denon's in-built tuner to be perceptibily more clear than the Sony (used the same indoor FM antenna for consistency).

Everything else seems to work fine as other amazon reviewers have pointed out.

G

Haven't heard a Sansui but when compared to an old Akai AT-V04, I would rate the sound of this sony quite muddled. It's not too bad either, just that it lacks the sharpness and IMO wouldn't do justification to the amp or speaker set-up that you connect it to.

Didnt get your question Hemanth. I already have a Denon FM tuner which I picked used, I am looking for a second one which will become my main system, and denon will goto my MIL

Didnt get your question Hemanth. I already have a Denon FM tuner which I picked used, I am looking for a second one which will become my main system, and denon will goto my MIL

Ok ,not knowing that.

?Heard a lot about vintage analogue tuners ,try to get one.

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back