Sony Home Theater DAV-DZ290K

TheAvenger

I have a Sony DVD Home Theater system (DAV-DZ290K) on which .mkv videos are not supported. When I convert them to .avi, certain files play while some do not. The ones that don't usually throw up the error message 'DivX HD not supported'. Thus I'd like to know what settings I should use in my video conversion software to ensure that these .avi files play smoothly.

The movies that you convert are in hd format which is not supported by your HT. Convert the movies to DVD quality video for playback.

Could you elaborate a bit on that? I'm a little confused with the various options under .avi - xvid, divx etc. Also, I'm not sure whether the framerates and stuff also affects whether the DVD player can play it or not. So detailed settings would be really helpful!

i have sony dav-dz640k n i have same issue.....sony sucks big time...it doesnt even have optical input... :(

Sent from my GT-I9003 using Tapatalk

I already own a SONY DVD Home theater system which is now 8 Years old and had no problem so I had no hesitaion buying a new Blu-Ray Home Theater as well. Looks very pretty and speakers are very sleek. They have little whole in the back so one can easily mount on the wall using a pointer pin. Pictue is very life like. Connects instantly with the internet Wi-Fi and with the rear speakers automatically.
Sound is just right after all how much sound do you need for your living room or bedroom. Cannot go beyond 25 Volume Bar with max to 40 as it gets really loud.

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back