Sony KDL-40EX400 or KLV-40BX400?

Well if you look closely the EX 400 clearly has a significant advantage in image processing.
Sony says it has BE3 but the one in BX series like the older T series have a toned down version with more noise in picture,not so great deinterlacing.

There is no difference, both has same engine:
Look at the difference here:
Product Comparison : BRAVIA LCD TV : Sony India

The KDL* series sold in singapore and hong kong have a in built DVB-T tuner which means the only use of it in india is DD channels that to in certain locations only.
Certain KDL* models also have more format support for video playback via USB.

*these models are also available in grey market and have no difference in price compared to KLV

Hi,

Please go in for the 40EX400
Its better than the BX400.
I know not much of specification changes but for that FM and some ambient sensor and the color of the frame.

I have been owning a 40EX400 for quiet sometime now and no complaints till now.
It looks awesome. no big difference with that lower frame in a different color.

I really don't know when the ambient sensor kicks in.
And i doubt the usability of FM on a TV.
Think twice whether you going to waste that much electricity in running FM radio on your TV ?

So basically not much of difference in both.
Pick the one which you think is worth your hard earned money.

Grey market option is also good enough.

You can get 40EX400 for about Rs 46000/- and plus wall mount Rs1500/-

You wont have a warranty.
But as usual capitalists in India don't give a damn in providing great service via warranty, so you can live without it.
!yr is hardly any warranty..

I did all the calculations you have been doing and i bought it.
So hope i was of some help.

Greetings, all! I'm not un-savvy when it comes to electronics but I must admit I am stymied with my Sony Bravia KDL-40EX400. We purchased it around Christmas, 2010. This is my first flat screen.

There is no headphone jack and I am in a constant battle with my mother-in-law about the volume. (She is confined to a wheelchair. Subsequently, she sits behind me in the dinette with the Food network going full tilt.):mad:

"Avatar" was the end of my watching TV on my nice Sony Bravia.:sad:

A friend told me I could utilize the USB port to use wireless headphones. But in reading the manual, that doesn't sound exactly correct to me. Another option is to buy a "sound bar" that has a headphone jack.

I hope someone on this forum can help me resolve my quandary.

Thank you ion advance!
Jack

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back