Sony KDL-40EX400 or KLV-40BX400?

ArunV

Hi All,

This is my first post in the forum.

I am now in singapore and planning to buy an LCD tv. I have keyed in on 2 models - KLV-40BX400 or KDL-40EX400.

I am quite a noob when it comes to LCD TV. Please help in deciding which one to buy and the plus points for that.
Product Comparison : BRAVIA LCD TV : Sony Singapore

One difference I could see was the number of HDMI INs and sound output. Do we need more than 2 HDMI INs for a normal use(DVD Player and Laptop / PS3)?

I am planning to buy Yamaha YHT 392 in future. Is it compatible for both the TV.

waiting for your valuable inputs....:)

Thanks,
Arun

Last edited:
SONY has stopped producing BX400 series.

Their 2010 models are SONY EX500 and NX500 series. I recommend you to go for one of these models as it has the latest specs.

SONY has stopped producing BX400 series.

Their 2010 models are SONY EX500 and NX500 series. I recommend you to go for one of these models as it has the latest specs.

BX400 is also 2010 model.. along with EX500 and NX500.. but few features are lacking..

@alokbharti:

Thanks for correcting me! I recently purchased SONY 40NX500 series (a week back). When I visited to Sony Experience showroom, the sales person told me that BX400 production is stopped. I guess I was misled to sell their 500 series :lol:

@ArunV:

I did a comparison of specs between BX400 and EX400 in Sony India website

SONY BX400 Vs EX400

Specs are absolutely same except the following:

• EX400 has headphone out, BX400 does not have one.

• EX400 does not have FM Radio, BX400 has one.
It will be easy for you to now decide whether you want FM or Headphone out.

Last edited:
Just my thoughts:

NX500 is a killer when it comes to looks as it has a beautiful black glass which is sleeky. (That was my main pull in buying SONY NX500 rather than LG).

If you are interested in EX series as it has TruMotion 100 MHz, here is the comparison.

SONY EX400 Vs EX500

Last edited:
Just my thoughts:

NX500 is a killer when it comes to looks as it has a beautiful black glass which is sleeky. (That was my main pull in buying SONY NX500 rather than LG).

If you are interested in EX series as it has TruMotion 100 MHz, here is the comparison.

SONY EX400 Vs EX500

the EX500 has the the 100hz Motion Flow,the LG 100hz is called TruMotion which btw isn't a true 100hz systems like the AMP in Samsung or motionflow in SONY.

the EX500 has the the 100hz Motion Flow,the LG 100hz is called TruMotion which btw isn't a true 100hz systems like the AMP in Samsung or motionflow in SONY.

Thanks for letting me know the difference between TruMotion, Motion Flow and AMP.

I hate why we have so many jargon in LCD TVs :lol:

well in case u don't know thats has a dealer warranty so its a grey piece,you will have to clarify with the seller about is warranty terms.

the same tv is available in the grey market for around 43k to 44k,may be even cheaper.
for the price their any any better option.

Hey guys, are these LCD's good for video games (BX400)? TO play PS3 and such?

Thank you!

i have to believe so yes

some had those hdmi splitter thingies etc. (dont know if thats in ne way relevant, i'm a bit of a noob)
showrooms are always running HD stuff like trailers of 2012, rattatouille, etc.

Well i would go with EX400 then the BX400,the EX has a better image processing.

Where is the proof for this better image processing of EX over BX.

From sony site, I don't find any difference between bx400 and ex400 other than 2 more hdmi, headphone out and FM.

40bx400 - Rs. 57990
40ex400 - Rs. 60900

I hope both are 2010 models. Is there anyother technical differences between them?

Well if you look closely the EX 400 clearly has a significant advantage in image processing.
Sony says it has BE3 but the one in BX series like the older T series have a toned down version with more noise in picture,not so great deinterlacing.

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back