SONY KLV-40V550A/B or SAMSUNG LA40B650T1R

niraj

Could someone help me make a choice between SONY KLV-40V550A/B and SAMSUNG LA40B650T1R.

Thanks in advance

Buy the SONY KLV-40V550A/B .

its features are too good to be true for a sony LCD.
XMB menu (ps3,psp menu)

USB 2.0 port
4 HDMI
33000 contrast ration ( DYnamic)

plus Bravia Engine 3 . Trust me there is a lot of difference between BE2 and BE3, you can check it out yourself.

Sound quality is good and you can keep playing with the video options all day( there are too many)

Lot of ppl will tell u to go for samsung cuz of the panel JV with sony, but the backlight and the chipsets make all the difference.

Its also convenient if you are gonna buy a Bravia home theater later (worth the price)

lemme know at what price your getting it cuz im gonna buy it within this week.

The LCD yes, Sony does make the best LCD TVs, but home theater no no. Sony's home theaters really suck. Look at HTIBs from Onkyo, Yamaha and Philips or if you have the budget then look to getting an AVR and a 5.1 speakers package.

XMB menu (ps3,psp menu)

USB 2.0 port
4 HDMI

plus Bravia Engine 3 . Trust me there is a lot of difference between BE2 and BE3, you can check it out yourself.

Sound quality is good and you can keep playing with the video options all day( there are too many)

Lot of ppl will tell u to go for samsung cuz of the panel JV with sony, but the backlight and the chipsets make all the difference.

Its also convenient if you are gonna buy a Bravia home theater later (worth the price)

The LCD yes, Sony does make the best LCD TVs, but home theater no no. Sony's home theaters really suck. Look at HTIBs from Onkyo, Yamaha and Philips or if you have the budget then look to getting an AVR and a 5.1 speakers package.

+1 to that.

Do not worry about connectivity issues - a simple HTiB from onko/denon can easily be connected with your display. And they are leagues ahead of the sony HTiB's. For movies I would suggest the Onkyo 5105 which is a VFM proposition, whereas a cheaper 3105 is also present.

BTW for you I would say stick to Sony.

Hi Moser,
A friend of mine is in a dilemma to choose between the sony 32w400 and 32V400.Just wanted to know if there is such a big difference in the bravia engine 3 processing.

Hi Moser,
A friend of mine is in a dilemma to choose between the sony 32w400 and 32V400.Just wanted to know if there is such a big difference in the bravia engine 3 processing.

Yes it is especially for SD content. The Bravia Engine is what makes all the difference in fact otherwise a Sony would look like the Samsung considering both use same panels. BE3 is definitely good and impressive all the more especially for SD content.

Hi Moser,

well the 32inch W400A is a FHD tv where as the V400A is a HD ready tv both have the older BE2 engine,this models have been replaced by the W550A and V550A both are FHD and have the bravia engine3,the W550A is kind a expensive for a 32inch it does have the motionflow 100hz,but the V550A would be a decent bet.

XMB menu (ps3,psp menu)

USB 2.0 port
4 HDMI

Thanks a lot for sharing your inputs.:)
Price I am getting is RS 77900. still to go to store and check myself.
Do let me know if you get a better deal and also your experience. I plan to buy soon.

Yes it is especially for SD content. The Bravia Engine is what makes all the difference in fact otherwise a Sony would look like the Samsung considering both use same panels. BE3 is definitely good and impressive all the more especially for SD content.

hey moser,
Thanx for the valuable inputs...have been going through this forum and have seen you mention great things about the panasonic 32 inch 100hz. I have also had a demo of this set and was fairly impressed by the color,sharpness and motion. what would be your opinion between the panny vs the v550.

Isn't Full HD at 32" a bit of a waste?

well the 32inch W400A is a FHD tv where as the V400A is a HD ready tv both have the older BE2 engine,this models have been replaced by the W550A and V550A both are FHD and have the bravia engine3,the W550A is kind a expensive for a 32inch it does have the motionflow 100hz,but the V550A would be a decent bet.

I've not done a side by side comparison, but one feels the Sony would be way too expensive. Expense aside they are the best, but their 32" models cost as much as some 37", 40" and 42" models from others. If money is no objective then definitely Sony. The Panasonic offers great VFM across all models one feels. Their 32" are among the lowest and ditto for the PV8 too. What's good about the Panasonics is that they hold their own against more expensive models. The 32" LCD and the Plasma 42" will give as good PQ if not better than others so they are like practical winners at the price they come.

hey moser,
Thanx for the valuable inputs...have been going through this forum and have seen you mention great things about the panasonic 32 inch 100hz. I have also had a demo of this set and was fairly impressed by the color,sharpness and motion. what would be your opinion between the panny vs the v550.

Visited Reliance Digital store today. Concentrated my research on following 40 SONY & SAMSUNG LCDs.

The sales rep said following 3 LCDs DO NOT play DivX movies thru its USB ports:
1) SONY 40 V550 (BE3) Price quoted Rs.77.9K

2) SONY 40 V400 (BE2) Price quoted Rs. 74.9K....surprising that SONY has NOT REDUCED even a single rupee on this, considering the newer 40 V550 (BE3) is out in the market now

3) SAMSUNG 40B530 Price quoted Rs. 61.5K

He did say following SAMSUNG, DID play DivX movies thru its USB port and was strongly recommending this model:
4) SAMSUNG 40 B550 - Price quoted was Rs.67K

He was ready to negotiate further on ANY SAMSUNG LCD models within reason.

He further said that on SONY LCDs, negotiations were a strict no-no. SONYs strict Company policy, about nationwide exact same pricing!

(i) Is it true that both, the SONY 40 V400 (BE2) & SONY 40 V550 (BE3), do not play DivX thru USB? Anyone actually tried it out?

(ii) Comparison between SAMSUNG 40 B530 versus SAMSUNG 40 B550? VFM / PQ / future proofing etc.? Thoughts?

Must say that after carefully viewing above SAMSUNGs & SONYs for a while, they were very close in PQ. But if only 1 needed to be picked, have to say that the PQ of the SONYs appeared to be slightly better.

(i) Is it true that both, the SONY 40 V400 (BE2) & SONY 40 V550 (BE3), do not play DivX thru USB? Anyone actually tried it out?

(ii) Comparison between SAMSUNG 40 B530 versus SAMSUNG 40 B550? VFM / PQ / future proofing etc.? Thoughts?

Must say that after carefully viewing above SAMSUNGs & SONYs for a while, they were very close in PQ. But if only 1 needed to be picked, have to say that the PQ of the SONYs appeared to be slightly better.

well sony lcds can only play mpeg1 and mpeg2 videos via usb,but i believe sony does have a ethernet port so u can connect them to a router or directly via pc ,the tvs can access some widgets ,rss feeds etc,u can also watch pictues,music,videos from pc.although again not sure about the formats.
the pq of the two samsung should be the same only the B550 as more features like a extra hdmi and few other stuff.

well sony lcds can only play mpeg1 and mpeg2 videos via usb,but i believe sony does have a ethernet port so u can connect them to a router or directly via pc ,the tvs can access some widgets ,rss feeds etc,u can also watch pictues,music,videos from pc.although again not sure about the formats.

Do not remember seeing ethernet port on the SONY 40" V400 & V550. Are you certain?

Thanks a lot for sharing your inputs.:)
Price I am getting is RS 77900. still to go to store and check myself.
Do let me know if you get a better deal and also your experience. I plan to buy soon.

dude ive heard stores like Jumbo Electronics & Reliance give a lot of discount. I'll try jumbo but i think they can give it (V550) for Rs 70,000 cuz i remember they were giving v400 for 66000-67.

plus they have a really amazing EMI scheme with no interest just a HDFC or ICICI credit card is required and they ll cut 5000 bucks a month.

Get a ps3 with your HDTV..........inFamous is too good.

I'll rate Flat panels according to what i see

1. Sony

2.Pioneer Kuro (plasma out of production)

3. Panasonic

4.Sharp (dunno if ya get it in india)

5. Samsung

6.Hitachi

7.LG

dude ive heard stores like Jumbo Electronics & Reliance give a lot of discount. I'll try jumbo but i think they can give it (V550) for Rs 70,000 cuz i remember they were giving v400 for 66000-67.

plus they have a really amazing EMI scheme with no interest just a HDFC or ICICI credit card is required and they ll cut 5000 bucks a month.

Checked out 3 stores this weekend; Ezone, Reliance Digital & Sony Center

The prices for V series 40" were EXACTLY THE SAME!!! To the rupee....no difference..SONY Company Policy, ALL stores told me the exact same story!

KLV-40V550A/B - Rs. 77,900
KLV-40V400A - Rs. 74,900

Both Ezone & Reliance Digital were presssing very hard to look at SAMSUNGs, since they could negotiate on SAMSUNGs, but not on any SONYs.

I'd be very surprised if THESE SONY products are selling for anything less elsewhere. If they are and anyone manages to get one of these for a lesser price, just grab it.

when someone is investing in the range of 70-75 grands, money is surely not a problem. so going for sony makes more sense. at least ur assured of quality.

also in my case (although i have an extremely low grade lcd compared to what u people are discussing, 26" Series T) the Next dealers were totally adamant about prices. the price of the Sony was absolutely FIXED. they were indeed pressing for Samsung (which i presume was because of the commissions et al :p), but they were willing to negotiate on Samsung and also give me a free 8mp digital camera from Samsung which i found interesting for an LCD costing 27 grands. makes u more suspicious about Samsung's quality, doesnt it?

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back