Sony Laser Projectors

sidvee

Dear FM's
Has any one experienced the recent Sony laser projectors, specifically the 5000es? If so what are your impressions?
TIA.
Cheers,
Sid

Last edited:
Just yesterday had a demo of Sony 5000 in Chennai. Its fabulous, out of the box settings are very good.

Played HDR heavy contents like Aqua man, 1917, Bladerunner 2049. The HDR tone mapping par to JVC and black levels also par to JVC.

Only downside is the manual zoom and lens adjustment. If you are not using 2.35:1 it doesn't matter.

Just yesterday had a demo of Sony 5000 in Chennai. Its fabulous, out of the box settings are very good.

Played HDR heavy contents like Aqua man, 1917, Bladerunner 2049. The HDR tone mapping par to JVC and black levels also par to JVC.

Only downside is the manual zoom and lens adjustment. If you are not using 2.35:1 it doesn't matter.
How was the brightness @ rainbowsong? Was the room completely dark? I notice in your signature you bought the unit. How is your user experience so far?
TIA.
Cheers,
Sid

How was the brightness @ rainbowsong? Was the room completely dark? I notice in your signature you bought the unit. How is your user experience so far?
TIA.
Cheers,
Sid
Brightness in my dark room great in 150 inch AT screen.

Initially i was having challenge in getting the good brightness while playing HDR contents, however tweaking the settings in Kodi n shield fixed the brightness so far so far so good :)

I recently got this unit, thanks @rainbowsong - your comment on brightness is spot on. My brief review here:
Cheers,
Sid

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back