Sony MHC VX90AV Stoped working - please help

Sheik Abdullah

Hi all,
My Sony HiFi stopped working. As you know it has a very good crystal clear sound. 3 weeks back, when I switch it on, it was showing only these lights, it is not responding to Remote either. I gave to a local Electronic Eng, he said, it is difficult to identify the problem, if identified, spares will not be available. I took it back from him after today.

What would be the problem? Any tech people in this group please help.

Attachments

• IMG-20210627-WA0009.jpg
    IMG-20210627-WA0009.jpg
    114.5 KB · Views: 42
Hi all,
My Sony HiFi stopped working. As you know it has a very good crystal clear sound. 3 weeks back, when I switch it on, it was showing only these lights, it is not responding to Remote either. I gave to a local Electronic Eng, he said, it is difficult to identify the problem, if identified, spares will not be available. I took it back from him after today.

Sir, we do repair of such stereo systems. Do not worry it will work again like a charm. Open the deck and replace all the buttons frm the front panel then it will work again. Such problem occurs because of a button stuck causing the deck not to turn on. Replacing all the buttons(switches) will make it work again like before.

Hi all,

Chennai doesn’t has proper service technicians like other cities. Try getting repaired in Ritchie street

Sir, we do repair of such stereo systems. Do not worry it will work again like a charm. Open the deck and replace all the buttons frm the front panel then it will work again. Such problem occurs because of a button stuck causing the deck not to turn on. Replacing all the buttons(switches) will make it work again like before.
Where can I buy those buttons? Can I just remove the buttons and place it again?

Actually you are right, because the buttons started to malfunction long time back, like if I press the one button, it does the function of near by button.

Please share me your mobile number sir. Do you have the spare buttons? I can pay if you can send me the button.

Where can I buy those buttons? Can I just remove the buttons and place it again?

Actually you are right, because the buttons started to malfunction long time back, like if I press the one button, it does the function of near by button.
Removing and placing the buttons again won't work.

Please share me your mobile number sir. Do you have the spare buttons? I can pay if you can send me the button.
Sending it would cost u more than available on internet. Remove 1 switch and take it to your nearby electronics shop and ask him if he has such switches. (Remove the switches carefully since the copper traces are very small). You should know soldering enough to get it done. Count the number of switches, probably it would be around 30-35 switches so buy a pack of 50 switches and replace all with new one.

Sending it would cost u more than available on internet. Remove 1 switch and take it to your nearby electronics shop and ask him if he has such switches. (Remove the switches carefully since the copper traces are very small). You should know soldering enough to get it done. Count the number of switches, probably it would be around 30-35 switches so buy a pack of 50 switches and replace all with new one.
Ok, sure, I will check the electronic shop. Thanks for the heads up bro. Much appreciated.

Hi all,

Have you found any solution for this problem? As I'm also having the same problem 😅

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back