Sony or Philips which home theatre is best

No doubts, PHILIPS.

Where can I get 14 gauge wires for my onlyo 5100.... even croma or reliance digital provide around 22 gauge wires.

wats the mm spec for these 14 gauge wires.. wat lingo/terminology do the shopkeepers wud understand since no one knows about gauge of speaker wires.

Thanks.

Ofcourse Sony

Philips clarity really sucks. It lacks punch .. You cannot hear clear or tight bass from any philips speakers.You will hear boomy or muddy bass and a narrow or cacaphonic treble sounds. Sony is competing with onkyo , yamaha and Denon.

I am not telling that the sony is best.

Atleast he is race or atleast participating.

Philips is no where..

You can also check its reputation in CNET reviews...

Ofcourse sony brands are known for its quality and reliability..

Ofcourse every coin has 2 sides...

Ofcouse Your ears are going to be ur judge

Check with the sound clarity and buy is my kind advice

Ofcourse Sony

Philips clarity really sucks. It lacks punch .. You cannot hear clear or tight bass from any philips speakers.You will hear boomy or muddy bass and a narrow or cacaphonic treble sounds. Sony is competing with onkyo , yamaha and Denon.

I am not telling that the sony is best.

Atleast he is race or atleast participating.

Philips is no where..

You can also check its reputation in CNET reviews...

Ofcourse sony brands are known for its quality and reliability..

Ofcourse every coin has 2 sides...

Ofcouse Your ears are going to be ur judge

Check with the sound clarity and buy is my kind advice

Ofcourse which model philips home theatre are you referring?
Ofcourse for the same price philips beats sony hands down..
Ofcourse I wanted to write one more Ofcourse.

Cool Buddy

I personally own Philips FW 355 Mini hifi .. Bass really sucks.. With in 2 years One speaker isn't working, Come to my home..... Reply me personally.. I can give my phone number. In 2002 it cost 18k... Now a days you get onkyo , yamaha home theatre for 22 K so .It is not that much cheap.. I do have another philips tape recorders it is in almost dead condition.......

Right from my child hood second standard.. I using philips I know about its bass and treble.. If you can come to my grandpa house >. I can show you one more taperecorder it cost 2000 when I studied.1 or 2 nd standard.... I can show you sony which my friend is using.. Clarity is thousand times better than philips....... I have 1500W pmpo(CD, VCD) my friend's is just a cassette player sony (400 W pmpo) it simply amazing sound... Philips cannot compete with sony's reliability r clarity ......

Why Sony or Philips when you can buy ONKYO

Slighty stretch your budget from 20k, and you can buy Onkyo 3100. That will be much better than any Philips/ Sony

Last edited:
Re: Why Sony or Philips when you can buy ONKYO

Slighty stretch your budget from 20k, and you can buy Onkyo 3100. That will be much better than any Philips/ Sony

Hi SUV,
A month back, I would be giving the same advice as yours above, because I had not auditioned the Onkyo and Philips for sufficient time. However a week back (after suffcient auditions...) my views are opposite. See my post here >> http://www.hifivision.com/home-theater-box/7981-philips-3571-htib-vs-onkyo-htib.html

In the end, I suppose it boils down to personal preferences. So one should read the user-views to narrow down the choices and finally decide based on personal tastes.

Regds,

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back