Sony PS - Q7 TURNTABLE

Where can I find repair services for Sony PS-Q7 Turntable including required spares

The availability of a tech would be location dependent. it would be difficult to answer that. Please post the problem or the symptoms of your turntable.

Q7 is a linear turntable and linear systems are very difficult to set right. It would take an experienced tech to get an optimum performance out of it.

Regarding parts, it would be easy to point you the direction if you could list your requirements.

Generally speaking, you could scoure international sites such as ebay.

Last edited:
Q7 is a linear turntable and linear systems are very difficult to set right. It would take an experienced tech to get an optimum performance out of it.

This is not a linear tracker in the usual sense. The tonearm is pivoted like a normal one and is L shaped. The longer side of the L has the cartridge at the front end, moving it across the record in a near linear motion. Mine had some issues that I was able to repair. It is a nice little design classic and the playback quality is surprisingly good.

Regards,IMG_20190422_202736116-1228x1637.jpg

Though over two and a half years late, I do hope that you could get this superb design classic tt repaired. PS -Q7 is a direct drive, but still uses one tiny belt for the tonearm movement. Cartridge is difficult to get, but stylus is available from various sellers

Capt S R Vijayaraghavan,​

Please try with Torvin Audio, No. 4, Seeyaliamman Koil Street, Anna Salai, Chennai, Tamil Nadu 600002
I got my PS-Q7 repaired by them around 8 years back. No idea if they still do it... give a try....
Hello, I also have SONY PS Q7 TT, its all working but only the platter has proble, some times it rotates most time no rotation. Have checked all Wires and connections but no luck.

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back