Sony Releases Blu-ray player BDP-S350 in india

My cousin (in the U.S.) has been using it and is very happy with it compared to his old Blu-Ray player which was his PS3. Good reviews too.

How much is it costing in India? Not listed on the Sony India website yet.

My cousin (in the U.S.) has been using it and is very happy with it compared to his old Blu-Ray player which was his PS3. Good reviews too.

How much is it costing in India? Not listed on the Sony India website yet.

I read in Today's newspaper that it is 25,000 for the standalone player and 36,000 for HT package.
With yesterday's Rs 2000 price drop, PS3 is still the cheapest BD player in India.

Does the bdp s350 decode all hd audio codecs including dts hd ma and send it out as lpcm over hdmi ?

Or would i need to look at the s550 for that ?

Does the bdp s350 decode all hd audio codecs including dts hd ma and send it out as lpcm over hdmi ?

Or would i need to look at the s550 for that ?

The S350 will decode and send LPCM for all formats except DTS HD MA. 550 takes care of this also. + its may not be overly expensive than the 350.

Why aren't you looking at a PS3 as the latest firmware support DTS HD MA decoding as well + its storage space could make it your media hub as you can store anything on the harddrive.

Absolutely ridiculous prices here in India.
At amazon the Sony BDP-S350 is for $250, RS 12000!!

Amazon.com: Sony BDP-S350 1080p Blu-ray Disc Player: Audio & Video

If it costs 25K here, as usually we are getting ripped...

Agree with you totally. This is not like "oppo" whose business model does not let dealers price them competitively in the local market.
The sony should be priced around 15 or 16k in India for it to sell or the grey market will take care of it :D

Absolutely ridiculous prices here in India.
At amazon the Sony BDP-S350 is for $250, RS 12000!!

Amazon.com: Sony BDP-S350 1080p Blu-ray Disc Player: Audio & Video

If it costs 25K here, as usually we are getting ripped...

When Sony introduced it first, it was priced at USD 400. So the thinking might be that as a new line to price is around the similar figure. Add customs and VAT + profits at each level of food chain and you get the 25K no. Just wait for a bit since this model is rather old and the pricing should come down.

Also as I said in an earlier post, PS3 is a muchbetter alternative esp. with the new firmware where it can decode DTS HD MA internally. + its got a harddrive and can play BR very well. And did I say its cheaper too! Don't get too caught up with Profile 2.0 as well....

Agree with you totally. This is not like "oppo" whose business model does not let dealers price them competitively in the local market.
The sony should be priced around 15 or 16k in India for it to sell or the grey market will take care of it :D

It's priced pound sterling 230 and that's apprx Rs 16100 or so. And its rated 5 star too. (Sony BDP-S350 review whathifi.com). Again a difference of about 10k in indian market. :eek:

I have the Panasonic DMP-BD35K and recommend it over this sony pos...

Got mine on a great deal for only 75$:cool:

That's a good deal sachi...

Guys am I missing something here? Where are you sourcing Blu-Ray material from? What little is available is so expensive! Or are the players being bought more for their upscaling capabilities and for SD DVD content?

I have the Panasonic DMP-BD35K and recommend it over this sony pos...

Got mine on a great deal for only 75$:cool:

BUMMER! That is an amazing deal, congrats dude. Please enlighten me... PM me, me wanna too!!

I guess people like me would prefer a blu-ray player, to be future proof, till the prices of the disk come down. In the mean time it can do all the stuff like upscaling standard DVD stuff.

Can you enlighten us why you would think Sony is POS. Bold statements don't hold much value unless you back them up with real facts.

I owned them both.simple as that..returned the sony to costco (their 90 day return policy is great).

Read around more or check out the actual product and see for yourself...

I had the PS3 too but just sent it over to India...load times are comparable to the PS3...Quality is top notch..upscaling on the DVDs too is great..

I owned them both.simple as that..returned the sony to costco (their 90 day return policy is great).

This alludes more to Costco's return policy than Sony being any worse. OK I will read on...

Read around more or check out the actual product and see for yourself...

As a matter of fact I did check it in action as well. Nothing to sneeze at here. If there are specifics you can quote re: the product, its not a very good thing to bash products.

I had the PS3 too but just sent it over to India...load times are comparable to the PS3...Quality is top notch..upscaling on the DVDs too is great..

So what product are you talking about here....

While I am no expert, I is hard to digest someone bashing anyone or a product without facts. So far you have not provided much except calling the 350 POS.

I don't work for Sony nor am I a fan of the brand. The only Sony I own is an MP3 player. That don't mean I bash the product.

Anyway if you are happy with your purchases so be it as thats what counts at the end isn't it...

This alludes more to Costco's return policy than Sony being any worse. OK I will read on...
I was referring to the advantage of costco's return policy as a matter of fact.

As a matter of fact I did check it in action as well. Nothing to sneeze at here. If there are specifics you can quote re: the product, its not a very good thing to bash products.

On the contrary i found the panasonic to pair very well with my panasonic Plasma...the picture quality was noticeably better for me.

So what product are you talking about here....

While I am no expert, I is hard to digest someone bashing anyone or a product without facts. So far you have not provided much except calling the 350 POS.

I am clearly talking about the virtues of the panasonic compared to the sony blu ray player as well as the PS3...

I don't work for Sony nor am I a fan of the brand. The only Sony I own is an MP3 player. That don't mean I bash the product.
Now why do you have to go and say something like that?..no one is insinuating that you were working or being a fan of sony. Its not bashing a product..it is criticism. I am not calling any person any names or eing rude to a person..it s a thing..i hardly believe the BDP-S350 feels like i hurt its feelings.

Anyway if you are happy with your purchases so be it as thats what counts at the end isn't it...

Quite true..that's why i said check it out for yourself...you don't have to take my word for it.

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back