Sony SS-H991 Speakers - Repair Required

samyboy_jssp

Folks,

Have these wonderful speakers Sony SS-H991 which are part of Sony Mini Hi-Fi system MHC-GR66 still on active duty (Bought in 1998)

These are great sounding speakers with 6.5 inch woofers.

As per pics included, the membranes covering the tweeter and woofer components are broken and needs to be replaced.

Tried taking them to Sony Service Center, but couldn't get them serviced

Are there any experienced engineer(s) in Navi Mumbai / Mumbai from whom I can get this repaired and have the speaker cleaned up as well.

Regards
Sam

Attachments

• IMG_20230122_223041-NEW.jpg
    IMG_20230122_223041-NEW.jpg
    790.3 KB · Views: 46
  • IMG_20230122_222859-NEW.jpg
    IMG_20230122_222859-NEW.jpg
    786.5 KB · Views: 45
Folks,

Have these wonderful speakers Sony SS-H991 which are part of Sony Mini Hi-Fi system MHC-GR66 still on active duty (Bought in 1998)

As per pics included, the membranes covering the tweeter and woofer components are broken and needs to be replaced.

Are there any experienced engineer(s) in Navi Mumbai / Mumbai from whom I can get this repaired and have the speaker cleaned up as well.

Regards
Sam
If anyone has contacts for an experienced speaker engineer who can repair above mentioned speakers, that would be great.

Regards,
Sam

I do not see any damage to the speaker cone, just the dust covers seem to be bent out of shape. If that is all there is, then you shouldn't worry, THAT won't cause any issues with the sound quality.

I do not see any damage to the speaker cone, just the dust covers seem to be bent out of shape. If that is all there is, then you shouldn't worry, THAT won't cause any issues with the sound quality.
The tweeter is torn in so many places. Maybe there are cracks in the rubber surrounds , not visible in the pics.

The tweeter is torn in so many places. Maybe there are cracks in the rubber surrounds , not visible in the pics.
Ah, thanks for pointing out, my bad. I thought those black marks on the right speakers mid cone, were glue runs. My bad. Sorry for the pointless suggestion.

Thanks!

Ah, thanks for pointing out, my bad. I thought those black marks on the right speakers mid cone, were glue runs. My bad. Sorry for the pointless suggestion.

Thanks!
Hey plz chander....it was just an observation....didn't have anything to do with what u suggested....Infact apart from that tear....everything seems perfect like u said.

Folks,

Regards
Sam
Hello, this post is quite old now, and you may even have moved on from using these speakers, but if you still need help with re-coning, I could offer you some help.
I have attached some pictures of re-coning done by me.

Attachments

• IMG_1018.jpg
    IMG_1018.jpg
    178.2 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_1019.jpg
    IMG_1019.jpg
    166.1 KB · Views: 9
Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back