Sony TC-S1 Parts

jmascreen

Hi All,

I am looking for a Reel/Pulley lock for Sony TC-S1 cassette player, any pointers on where can I get this stuff will be very helpful.

Or if you know any alternatives to fix the reel to mechanism ?

Attached the image of item

REEL_2.jpg

REEL_1.jpg

Last edited:
Just found the service manual. Here is the diagram of the mechanical parts list. I am looking for the item no 209 BUSHING (B) REEL

Sony_TC_S1_diag.jpg

what's wrong with the original parts? are you sure they are beyond jugaad?

Its misplaced/lost, one of the old cassette stuck and dont know where its been landed.

Looking for a jugaad as the spare one is impossible to find over internet

It would be worthwhile if you can get the dimensions of the part...the diameter of the shaft that the hub locks sit on is critical to find a low cost replacement or a hack...

Just looked at the SM of sony TC-1

the sony part number in the SM is 3-917-587-01 Bushing(b),Reel

Unfortunately the part is NLA in most of the sites...

https://www.buyphilipsparts.com/item/1978606/Sony/3-917-587-01/Bushing_(B),_Reel

Sony 3-917-587-01 Bushing (B), Reel

Sony 3-917-587-01 | Partsimple

I guess you will have to resort to a mod or a hack..but as said before dimensions are critical to find a close match...good that you have another one for measurement...

Post the dimensions of the part.. I ll try to fish something for you locally...

Last edited:
Head is 4mm diameter and the inner nail side is 2mm diameter. hoping for a good outcome..

If i were you, I'd start looking at decks, or even compo systems which have the same part number. Searching by part number will give you service manuals and other sony products which will use the same part, and buy a junk unit of one of those

If i were you, I'd start looking at decks, or even compo systems which have the same part number. Searching by part number will give you service manuals and other sony products which will use the same part, and buy a junk unit of one of those

I have an eye on that as well, didnt find any till..

Ok.. with some jugad the deck started playing, however of the late I am seeing some sort of abnormalities. When I play A side the counter(time) on a 90 minutes cassettes reaches around 45 and when I play it reverse (B) the counter has a difference of 10 minutes odd. it will finish in 35 minutes.

Any Idea on this?

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back