SONY UBP-X700 - Connection Setup for Dolby Atmos

GeorgeB

Hi FM's, Need help with this.

When playing Blu-ray with Dolby Atmos I cannot get Atmos from my SONY UBP-X700 through DENON X2600H (Connection – Player – AVR – TV).
However, if I disconnect (physically pull it out)HDMI ARC (from TV to Receiver) and connect HDMI1 to TV and HDMI2 to the receiver I’m able to get the Atmos.

Is there any option to get Atmos with ARC as it is a difficult task to connect and disconnect the ARC every time I use the player?

I have a similar player and setup BD -> AVR (Denon X2300) -> TV. I use the optical out of TV to AVR for sound (ARC is disabled on AVR) if I play anything on the TV (rarely as I use a Nvidia Shield for content). No issues to get Atmos from BD discs. You can try this option.

Thanks, I'm getting the atmos by connecting HDMI from Player - TV - AVR and for Netflix and other OTT's HDMI ARC from TV - AVR.
I was trying to avoid two HDMI connections to TV (one from Player (for disc) and from TV to AVR (OTT's).

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back